Replacing Anodes on a 2019 225XL

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a Mercury 225XL from 2019 and the anodes on it are due to be replaced, especially the bar one. I'm struggling to find the part numbers for these. Anyone have a good way of finding it?

I tried google as well as the parts catalogue from Mercury. My next step if no one can help here is to go to the dealer and see what they say however I know their markup is about 3x online so rather avoid that.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I have a Mercury 225XL from 2019 and the anodes on it are due to be replaced, especially the bar one. I'm struggling to find the part numbers for these. Anyone have a good way of finding it?

I tried google as well as the parts catalogue from Mercury. My next step if no one can help here is to go to the dealer and see what they say however I know their markup is about 3x online so rather avoid that.

97-818298Q1

97-76214Q5

It wasn't hard.........right where one would expect to find them on the parts list ;)

I would investigate as to why you need new anodes (1/2 consumed) on a 4 yro. boat keep on a trailer while I was at it.

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer

97-818298Q1

97-76214Q5

It wasn't hard.........right where one would expect to find them on the parts list ;)

I would investigate as to why you need new anodes (1/2 consumed) on a 4 yro. boat keep on a trailer while I was at it.
Where on the parts list are they? I was looking under the power trim unit and the power steering unit as both seem like the best fit. Also tried assessories but no luck. Damm do I feeldumb today 😅

I'm guessing due to the 2 years it spent in the water before I bought it.

Edit** looked up those part numbers and would not have guessed that second one by looking at it. It is a circle and the existing one is a square.

Last edited: