Replacement Tires for dual axle trailer?

The John

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes they are actually made in Thailand, headquartered in Taiwan as I recall.. But a Carlisle Radial Trail HD is a little bit better of a tire
I agree, I have Carlisle radial trail HD tires on my heavy travel trailer (10K+pds) and my previous trailer. They have been great tires so far with great wear and tracking. Get them balanced if you do any long trips but otherwise they rock.

Searay205

Chief Petty Officer
I bought Carlisle Radials. Key is I bought the highest load rating tire I could in my size which was "D" only needed "C" about $6 more per tire for "D". Pulled boat to FLA at 75 mph, when I checked tires they were cold. I have to believe if tires stay cold they aint going to pop, lol. Only mistake I made was balanced them on old plane balancer. worked good up to 70mph then had one hop. get them dynamically balanced if pulling on interstate.

You have big tires for 5K load, 15" surprised not 14". You should be barely loading a 15" tire should last forever.

BearlyFunctioning

Seaman Apprentice
I will also recommend the Hankook Vantra RA18. I have been running their 195 14" tires on my dual axle trailer for years. 2094 lb rating and a 106 mph rating.

76SeaRay

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I had to replace all the tires on my tandem axle trailer (22ft boat) back in 2017 so went with the Carlisle's as well as the best I could find at the time. I bought the boat in Denver and put on the new tires (and wheels) to make the move from Denver to Southwest Washington. Three days of continuous driving all day long at 70 and had no problems on the trip or after. I also went with load range D instead of C.