Replacement Lounge Seats

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This may seem a bit premature, given the state of the interior of my boat... but I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on replacement lounge seats. So far, iBoats seems to be the place to buy them. I could probably rebuild the seats that are in the boat, but in the interest of saving time and preserving my sanity, I think I'm going to just buy complete units. I've been looking at these... http://www.iboats.com/Deluxe_10_Lou...5660691--session_id.043001740--view_id.349945 and these.... http://www.iboats.com/Designer_Seri...5660691--session_id.043001740--view_id.349828

Any input you all may have on this subject would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-Carl

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Replacement Lounge Seats

wise makes a quality seat, i've used them, many times. be aware of the size, there are large ones, and ones for smaller boats. you need to check the measurements for full open, also the box height, 8" or 10". i'm getting older and 10" works better for me. but, i had to move it back from the helm, in order to sit at the wheel without my knees hitting the wheel. for a while there were a lot of them on ebay, take a look. you've got time to shop price.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Wise makes a nice seat for the price. And the new ones have the corrigated plastic construction, so plywood rot is a thing of the past.

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys! That's what I was hoping to hear.... I'm just trying to think ahead... thanks for the tip, TD, I'll definitely measure before I buy. I'm leaning toward the 10" seats because I've got a LOT of space back there and I'd rather have a larger seat. I'll probably order the seats soon so we can match the rest of the vinyl to them and so my vinyl person can have the cushions done by the time I've got the floor in!

Mark42, I'm excited about the idea of no rot.... that's one of the reasons (besides the ones listed above) that I'm going to buy premade seats.

Thanks again! It's great to hear the opinions of people who have experience.

-Carl

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you're gaining experience, and knowledge, thats why i call iboats the University of Boating.