Replacement fishing seats - base/pedestals?

I am refurbishing and older pontoon. There were plastic above deck bases with pedestals and the rotten remains of fishing seats that had been installed by the previous owner as a replacement for the originals at some point.
I have tossed these front fishing seats that were on the boat when I got it with the bases and pedestals, as they had seen better days. I now have two holes in the deck where the original seat base mounts were installed and required a hole in the floor. What I want to do is put in bases that will pretty much replicate the originals. It looks like the originals were 8 1/2 to 9 inches in diameter with a 3 1/2 inch round cutout in the middle for the pedestal to go through the deck. I do not have a problem with this setup and is should give me some stable removable fishing seats. I am new to this and cannot honestly tell which of these base/pedestal combinations will give me a good setup. I will not be using the boat but 10-12 weekends a year probably, so you have an idea of usage. I am looking at the following bases and wanted to know the good / bad about each and really the stability of the pedestal in the base mount.

Swivl-Eze Spring-Lock Series
Swivel-Eze Taper-Lock Series
Swivl-Eze 238 Series
Swivl-Eze Wedge Base with 1.77 pin
Springfield has some models similar as well

These are a few I have looked at. It seems they all are suppose to work great, but there has to be some that work and some that do not work as well or last. Looks like basically you can have a larger diameter pedestal with a seat that sits on a post and the post in the hole with snap-in, lock-in, wedge-in lock, etc. or you can have a long pin of some diameter in the center of the pedestal to extend through the end of the pedestal down into base into the deck. So why one over the other? Do most of them have a plug or cap that will make the center hole in the round pedestal mount more-or-less flush when the seats are not installed?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Replacement fishing seats - base/pedestals?

Pedestal/post design is all about "leverage" and regardless of the base design, all must handle the pushing, shoving, twisting forces an adult (some heavier than others) exert on these components. A wedge or spring lock style base is no better or worse than the pin style. Any of them will work for you. The wedge style are generally the least expensive and are used on a gazillion boat types. They do tend to stick rather tightly over time so a wrap with a small rubber mallet may be need from time to time to loosen them if needed.