Replace bench & bucket w/Wrap Around Seating

murphini

Petty Officer 2nd Class
All:<br />Have a 1989 20' runabout with the traditional 2 bucket seats and bench sofa seat. Most new boats seem to have 1 bucket driver's seat, then instead of 2nd bucket seat, have wrap-around seating on the port side of the boat.<br /><br />Any advice on how I could retrofit my seating configuration to wrap around? Are there replacement kits, should I go to a boat graveyard to salvage existing, or would it be custom fabrication to build the new seating?<br /><br />Or am I nuts?

JohnRuff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Replace bench & bucket w/Wrap Around Seating

Not nuts -- here is how I would start.<br /><br />#1 - Determine condition of floor -- if necessary, replace<br /><br />#2 - Decide how to mount the pedestal for the new bucket seat. There are numerous posts in this forum regarding this subject.<br /><br />#3 - the rest is easy :)

murphini

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks--but actually I am looking at removing the passenger bucket seat and creating a new wrap around sofa. My question is advice on where to get that type of sofa...

macshak

Cadet

I am thinking of doing the exact same thing.<br /><br />I know there are no kits, so it's going to have to be a custom job. My grandmother is a sewing genius, so if I can manage to build the frame, she will make the cusions.<br /><br />Good luck.<br /><br />Ron