Rename my Boat

choochooharley

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok I know its bad luck to not have a name on your boat. I am sure it has been covered on here before but I recently purchased a boat and it has the name Jamboree II. I am less than impressed with the name. I would like to rename it. Is it bad luck or juju to change the name and is there some kind of process where i can stave off the bad juju..

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Rename my Boat

Here we go. This always becomes a fun thread.

I wasn't aware of it being bad luck to not have a name on a boat, and even so, it would be more bad luck not to go through the proper name changing ceremony. You can read the proper steps to appease the gods when changing a boat's name here.

Now many will say it's not necessary to do the ceremony, but I say it's a good reason to have a party. There is a small part of me that buys into the 'bad luck if not done properly' category.

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I wasn't aware of it being bad luck to not have a name on a boat, and even so, it would be more bad luck not to go through the proper name changing ceremony. You can read the proper steps to appease the gods when changing a boat's name here.

Now many will say it's not necessary to do the ceremony, but I say it's a good reason to have a party. There is a small part of me that buys into the 'bad luck if not done properly' category.

Love it!

:cool:

choochooharley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the info I am supersticous and always up for a reason to party

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm LMAO, don't let a Black Cat run in front of you, or walk under a ladder and never ever break a mirror.

Take the Damn name off and enjoy the new one.

choochooharley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey don't laugh all those things do get me paranoid u dont need any more bad luck. I]H[/I]

Lyle29464

Lieutenant

Your luck will be best if you name the boat after your wife or girlfriend.

The George and Richard will still get strange looks on the water.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Truer words were never spoken :)

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Holy Crap! All I did was scrape the old name off, stick the new name on, and get hammered with the Old Lady!! Is that close enough?

Sadly, my friend, you're living on borrowed time. Don't remove your PFD...

:D

choochooharley

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think if I rename it ill do the ceremony certinally can't hurt in the luck dept I need all the help I can get with a 35 year old boat. Now what to name her hmmmm.

DrLugOD

Cadet

Could be worse. My buddies dad's boat was named Penas when he got it. I always ask him how to pronounce it just for fun.