REMOVING my Windshield - '99 SeaRay 180

oh2fl

Cadet
Can I make my '99 SeaRay 180 into a deck boat by removing the windshield? And HOW does it come off?

We live in South Florida, Delray Beach, on a fresh water canal. We can travel through the canal systems to different lakes, tributaries, locales, etc - just not to the intercoastal or Ocean.

Dilemma:
There is ONE PIPE that is low enough to need another 4" clearance to get UNDER that opens up the upper lakes, restaurants, entertainment and adventures.

My wife doesn't like the windshield due to it interfering with her view and vision while boating. Seeing some of the larger DECK BOATS going by, "That would be nice" - but the deck boats beam won't fit on our dock, hence the 180 bow rider.

What do you think? CHIME IN and give me your view point please.

ps: for the Northerners ... October 24th, we went out boating, fishing, cruisin' in the warm 87 degree :cool: Florida weather (not raking leaves in a sweater). We'll be boating 12 months of the year!
-

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: REMOVING my Windshield - '99 SeaRay 180

A lot of boat windshields have a thick rubber/foam filler piece at their bases. If you pry this out, the mounting screws are revealed

mattb1974

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ps: for the Northerners ... October 24th, we went out boating, fishing, cruisin' in the warm 87 degree :cool: Florida weather (not raking leaves in a sweater). We'll be boating 12 months of the year!
-

Yes up here in Maine we are indeed raking leaves wearing sweaters, but I prefer that over strip malls, hurricanes, and high crime rates any day.

oh2fl

Cadet

Yes up here in Maine we are indeed raking leaves wearing sweaters, but I prefer that over strip malls, hurricanes, and high crime rates any day.

You have your points there!! :eek:

fixb52s

Chief Petty Officer

At least we don't have to dodge horny protective Moose down here!

But we do have to deal with those Maine Snow Birds on I75 and Wal Mart. (but out of all the snow birds, the Maine folks give the least trouble... unlike those NY and Chicago idiots and Boston Massholes.) :D :D

mattb1974

Petty Officer 2nd Class

At least we don't have to dodge horny protective Moose down here!

But we do have to deal with those Maine Snow Birds on I75 and Wal Mart. (but out of all the snow birds, the Maine folks give the least trouble... unlike those NY and Chicago idiots and Boston Massholes.) :D :D

Its the protective Cow Moose you have to worry about around here, and we have just as many massholes during the summer months.:eek:

moose.jpg

Not to hijack the thread. I hope someone will chime in soon on how to remove that winshield.