Removing "haze" from plexiglass windshield

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Removing "haze" from plexiglass windshield

Thanks Mark,<br /><br />I'll follow up at a later date to let ya'll know what I chose to do. I expect your advice has helped a lot of people make up their mind to manufacture their own windshield.<br /><br />Sorry for temporarily hi-jacking your thread PCM.... I'll behave now.

cddetelich

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by PCM:<br /> I am in the process of fixing up a 1965 17' Starcraft. It has a plexiglass "bowed" windshied that is pretty foggy to look through. It also has some hairline stress cracks along the bends to the sides of the boat. Does anybody know of any way (or cleaner/solvent), that will solve either of these problems? <br /><br />I have tried nothing on the cracks. As for the haze, I have tried common things like windex, alcohol, purple power, etc. There has to be some kind of good cleaner out there...<br /><br />Thanks in advance!

cddetelich

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Before you spend money or a lot of time, try this-take some everyday automotive polishing compound (the white cream, not the red paste-the red paste is too abrasive) and try just polishing the plastic with a polishing wheel. I did this to fogged up old car polycarb. lenses over my headlights and it worked like a charm. Good luck.