removing flywheel on 2hp evinrude

1cajunman

Cadet
my learning continues, can someone tell me the best and least damaging way to remove the flywheel on my 2hp rude to check the points and condensor?
tks
:confused:

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Re: removing flywheel on 2hp evinrude

Assuming there are three tapped holes in the top of the flywheel with a harmnoic balace puller bolted with the correct size and grade of bolts.

1cajunman

Cadet

Not having an OEM shop manual wastes your time and ours ... kind of like brain surgery by a podiatrist!

Jim

IF i'm wasting your time, why waste more of it by replying? This seemed like a site that a guy could get help that is trying to learn, sorry if i've misunderstood the board. Would someone please refer me to the RULES section
:eek:

Vic.S

Rear Admiral

Yours is a fair question. It's one that is asked quite frequently.

The comment about the manual is just wilde1j's signature. Its not aimed at you any more than my signature is. Ignore it.

Ask what questions you need to but on the other hand dont treat the forums as a cheap way of avoiding buying a manual. People are happy to help but not so happy to be used.

Rules, as you asked, are at the head of the main forums index. You wont find any requirement there to buy a manual. :rolleyes:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

A manual is a great thing to have, however not compulsory.

1cajunman

Cadet

tks to both, i can afford a manual and will buy one so that i can learn more. My issue right now is that i'm trying to get this one running to use with my inflatable when i take my boat on a camping trip to catalina island

tks again
rich