remote oil lines set up

toolsinbox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need to make sure my oil lines are not reversed. I have a BBC with mercruiser remote oil kit. I have not set up my oil pressure guage so I cant use that. I have all the manuals but cant find the damm diagram that shows the orientation of the lines. Can anyone help please?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: remote oil lines set up

I have the manuals to, but don't have a clue which one to use. Do you have a Merc serial number for your engine?

toolsinbox

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the reply Don. I found the drawing in one of the manuals. I had it set up right. Now I am on to why I am not pumping any water. I switched out the water pump last fall. The whole thing. well I guess I better make another thread.

Bondo

Staff member

Now I am on to why I am not pumping any water. I switched out the water pump last fall. The whole thing. well I guess I better make another thread.

Ayuh,... In that other thread,... Identify yer motor/ drive with more than BBC....

My guess is, ya got the hoses backwards/ switched on the back of the pump...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If you started putting in some information like Model number, serial number, drive type, etc. you might get answers a lot faster on your questions.
BBC Mercruiser just doesn't give enough info to answer anything.

Have a look at this thread from the stickies.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=220416