Registry Mechanic

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have any of you out there have this program? You have to buy it and it says it will safetly clean and repair windows registry problems? Is this a good thing to invest in? What are your thoughts?

ndemge

Commander
Re: Registry Mechanic

My thoughts are don't mess with your registery unless you have problems already.

Xcusme

Commander

I've used System Mechanic and JV16 Power Tools for years. Personally, I prefer JV16. As with all registry cleaners, it really helps to basically know how the registry works. System Mechanic is pretty much fool proof for a novice. JV16 on the other hand does a better job at finding removable entries, but is a bit more destructive in the wrong hands.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

I am a current user of Registry Mechanic by PC Tools. It is a good program and it seems like it finds about 50 or so things I do wrong every week and fixes them. I prefer System Mechanic because it does a lot more then just clean the Registry. Go to their site and down load System Mechanic (I believe it is version 6.0) They will let you use it for a month and make a decision as to whether to buy it after that point.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

My concern is that these programs will offer suggestions that mortal man would be a fool to tamper with???

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Check out Easy Cleaner. It does the registry and a lot of other neat utility type things AND it is free.

dolluper

Captain

You can always find something wrong and that's a gurantee spend your money on a good firewall or anti-virus,hoping you don't download junk,or better still go to microsoft all the info on your registry is there if you have the time to learn and it's FREE.....I did it but I have lots of time