Recessed foot control pan

Goswimajig

Recruit
Is it possible to install a recessed pan in small wooden deck of 2015 tracker pro170? Bad idea?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: to iboats Goswimajig. nice for you to join us...

I have never used a recessed foot control in a boat. I have used foot control trolling motors but not in a fixed recess cutout. The only thing I can see is that recessed area is then dedicated to the foot control and even if you remove the foot control and use it in some other area, that cutout is still there. I guess there could be a flush cover to lay over it when the foot control is out. IDK. I thought about install one at one time. But since decided to forgo it. But that is just my opinion.

As for your question. Unless there is something beneath the wood platform, I can't see any reason you couldn't install such a recess. Just verify there is nothing underneath to keep it from fitting in properly. And if you can't see underneath, try drilling a very small test holes at what would be the four corners. If you hit anything, STOP drilling and that will give you your info you questioned about. JMHO.

Goswimajig

Recruit
Thanks for your input/advice. From what I've read (and that's not much) about this install a hole like 17" wide and 20" long was needed. That's a good size hole in my already just a tad small front deck.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Goswimajig, personally that is too much real state to be dedicated to such a recessed area in my opinion. I see those recessed areas are used more by tournament fishing folks that stand the entire time. But that isn't how I like to fish. If that it you, go for it. It has to be your opinion here. :noidea: