Recently purchased Monterey 180 F/S Bowrider

mhensley

Cadet
Curious as to opinions on fuel additives. Also i'm assuming (being a first time boat owner) that it is ok to use 87 octane..4.3L Volvo..

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Recently purchased Monterey 180 F/S Bowrider

While I can't answer your questions, as my Monterey 180FS hasn't left the dealership yet (I'll pick it up in April), I'd like to know more about your boat.

Did you purchase it new?
What 'extras' did you get with it?
What did you purchase it for?
What made you decide on that particular boat?

I close my eyes about once a day and dream about how much I'll enjoy my boat when I get it. I got the copper color, with the 4.3carbed volvo, with Sirius, MP3, depth finder and fiberglass floor. I got a leftover 08 with a '10 loadrite trailer with disc brakes. I paid $18.5k for the whole deal.

Tell us more...show us pics! :)

mhensley

Cadet

http://www.chatleeboats.com/content.asp?nav=132053&cpid=21053&

We bought the silver one (an '08 as well)..(2nd one down on the page)..we asked them to throw in the depth finder for free..they agreed..I think after taxes, etc, we ended up paying around 19k..we pick it up March 6..STOKED to pick it up..We ended up picking out a Monterey based on the reputation, and the "classy" look of the boat. Just a dressier boat (inside and out) than a Stingray, and thought the Sea Ray's were overpriced..we can't wait..

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Nice looking ride! I wish we had the sundeck seating, instead of the two seats aside the motor. I guess technically the seating we have gives more room, but yours certainly looks more comfortable for all parties involved.

Good luck with it!

Hopefully someone with more experience will answer your questions...I would guess that 87 octane is fine with no additive, as it's a standard Chevy v6.

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Congrats to both of you guys on your new boats! Nice looking rides. 87 octane is fine in my 4.3L, V-6, 190HP Merc with no additives necessary (unless storing for long period, then maybe some stabil). Good luck!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I cannot believe the great value both of you have gotten with those Monterey's. Beautiful boats. Kinda makes those Tahoe's sitting at BassPro look like a pretty raw deal eh?

AJ163

Seaman Apprentice

Hey,

I'm in the process of running in a 194 at the moment so will be curious to hear how you get on. I just put standard unleaded in which is 94 where I am and seems fine. I do remember someone posting that when you're running in the engine it may be worth adding some additives, but am certain that was for the oil. When asked my local mechanic he said wouldn't make any difference.

AJ