reccomend water separator.

hipster dufus

Petty Officer 2nd Class
well, things didnt work out and the boat is in the shop. first time.30 hp efi tohatsu 4 stroke was acting up. sputtering and missing. did my bad gas cause it? who knows. anyway i will be installing a water separator soon. any brand better than others?i thought with such a small tank gas wouldnt be an issue. i will be picking brains around the forum when i do the install. thanks ahead.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Although we are using E8 fuels have not needed to install a water separator, seems the service station from whom regulalrly buy all may boat's fuel has a superb water filtration system, besides always comsume most of the fuel bought for that outing and top tank for next one. Have not found a drop of water inside my 3.5 & 6 gal tanks ever...

Happy Boating

hondam

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sierra ones work good.

The best one IMO is the Parker/Raycor filters, i like them because they have a clear bowl at the bottom so you can see what is going on. They are expensive usually about twice what you buy the other ones for, but great units.

8600021-larson-boats-6167-9964-honda-06177-zw1-801ah-racor-parker-s3227-60-gph-boat-fuel-filter-wate-2.jpeg

pvanv

Admiral
Yes, Racor is the Cadillac. Tohatsu also sells a clear-bowl Unikas filter that is relatively inexpensive. In addition to the clear settling bowl (which is better than a metal canister you can't see through), you want a 10-micron filter. Then the on-motor filters stay a lot cleaner.