Rebuilt carbs leaking?

Canuck 16

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys!<br />I just rebuilt the carbs on my 89' 200 Yam and noticed today after putting a few hours on the motor,(ran good)a drop of gas hanging under each carb, just below the drain screws.<br />I can also see where some has been dripping onto the lower cowl as I cleaned that all up before reinstalling the carbs. The motor has been tillted up fully several times since the carb job.<br />I'm wondering if this is normal, or if maybe I tightened the drain screws too much, warping the new gaskets (flat washers).<br /><br />Cheers... Canuck 16.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Rebuilt carbs leaking?

May just be spillage from tilting up. I hope you replaced the bowl gaskets when you did the carbs.

Canuck 16

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea, All new gaskets Ray.<br />Cant see gas anywhere else on the carbs exccept around and under each of the six drain screws, and even those washers were replaced!<br />Seem normal to you?<br />Thanks... Canuck 16.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

That is where any leakage or spillage would show since it is the lowest point on the carb. I would monitor it, but hopefully that is normal.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello did you replace the tiny gaskets under the six idle jet passage plugs? this is only applicable to twin float carbs but the gaskets dont come in the kit.<br /> the idle passage plugs point straight down <br />from the bowls.

Canuck 16

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No, I had to reuse the old gaskets there. New plugs, but no new gaskets!<br />I have felt around them, and their not leaking though.<br /><br />Cheers... Canuck 16.