Random

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I was kidding, but if you must know...#1088 and 1090....but no big deal. :)
In a thread that has gotten to this size it is a challenge NOT to repeat something.....I've done it twice and the amount of stuff I've re-sent/forwarded (stolen really :) ) is embarrassing.

Thanks for starting this.

Oh - A new rule to work on! :D Most the pics I post were found on the InterWeb. So also guilty as charged. LOL

The horn blast scared her, Musky. Probably scare me too.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Obvious pride in him for his country and troops. Bravo son bravo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Obvious pride in him for his country and troops. Bravo son bravo!

The whole story is that this was in Belgium and it was a young Belgian boy. This was their annual celebration of the liberation of their country. Canada sends a contingent every year.
The Belgians and Dutch make a concerted effort to remember and honour the Allied service men and women who liberated their countries in WWII. The younger generations are taught this in schools and are not allowed to "forget".
By the luck of the draw, a large part of that campaign was tasked to us (Canadians). There is still a special relationship between Canadian vets and those citizens....as you can see.
Hats off to that platoon leader for noticing the kid and returning the respect. He'll never forget.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I love our forecast for Monday:

CLIPPER SNOW FOR MONDAY. A Canadian Clipper is forecast to move through the Northland Monday, bringing light to moderate (shovel to just nearly snowblower-worthy) snowfall Monday.