Random

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I am in middle TN. family started in pnw when my dad was a kid. first 11 years for me was in portland after being born in NM, then to NE, GA and MO now here. got one sister teaching at Yale, another in a coastal town in southern Denmark who also teaches and a drunk brother on some island in the Baltic Sea who lives off the welfare system.

its complicated..........

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Oh yeah and we visit every year. last visit rather than the ferry to anecortes and two hours to the airport we took the float plane. awesome vew well worth the cost . and time saving.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
redneck joe, seems every family has the one person that just is different then the other family members. And sadly, I think I am that one in our family. Not anything to do with drunk, drugs, or jail or anything like that. But the oddball all the same. My wife and I seem to live a very nice lifestyle without any worries what so every. Everything paid for with no bills or issues at all. But I can't say the same for other family members. They always seem to have something to complain about with so many problems. IDK

Secondly I do like your avatar being "Beaker", but what happened to the Scientist?

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
redneck joe and gm280. I can relate to your comments. Like gm280 I seem to be the odd one. Seems we have similar situations with no family drugs or jail or such.

My siblings are all in Montana living in the same small town we grew up in. Uncle Sam pried me loose and I never came back. My brother has the home place and makes a living off logging but I hate to admit it we're all getting up there in years. He's still logging and running his one man sawmill in his late 70's. No telling how much longer he can continue that.

My youngest sister had a stroke at 35 that mostly paralyzed her right side. Now over 30 years later she is still just getting by.

My wife and I are financially better off than the rest and still enjoying life as we like to.

Maybe I should look in on my boat. Naw, we have a farm to get back to doing some long overdue work at.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
That was awesome !!! Had to listen to a few more after that one !!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Since you guys are in the music mood, here's one worthy of Random.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Wow, you've really seen some country Redneck! I'm glad you make it back up here from time to time. Those little puddle jumpers on canoes look like a lot if fun!

We defintely have a gray duckling on the family too :)

https://youtu.be/EYbdhJPggeM

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
pusher dude that is nice.

you know on my other forum we have a music thread. I'll go start one so we can keep this one for more of the odd stuff. I love posting inn the morning with the song (that we all) wake up with in our head.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Great videos, all. Anyone that doesn't like the Muppets has something wrong with them....oh...wait....maybe the should be the other way around. :eek:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you area runner you need to watch out for this. Seems they are looking for revenge:

[video]http://time.com/4574755/cross-country-runner-hit-by-deer/[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Pusher

Lieutenant
image_255560.jpg Could have titled that video "Bambi's Revenge"

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Reindeer revenge...

rudolph.jpg