Quicksilver Guages

Bill Wilson

Cadet
I just received a set of used quicksilver gauges. I am hoping to install them on my 1993 60 hp mercury outboard. Does anyone know where to get installation instructions and/or sending units? The set consists of MPH, Tach, Water Temp, Tilt, Battery, Fuel and Oil.<br /><br />Thank you<br />bill

andy6374

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Quicksilver Guages

There are sending units already on your engine for the water temp (tan for the gauge and tan/blu for the overheat switch, typically), tilt (brown/wht wire), and the tach (grey wire). The battery sending unit is the 12V (purple wire) ignition switch. Fuel (don't know). Oil (is a pressure gauge or does it monitor the oil level). The MPH usually comes with an attachment that hangs off the stern of the boat and it measures the amount of water passing by it.<br /><br />I know you probably just spent a great deal of money on these gauges. And I'm sure you intent was for proper monitoring of your engine. If this is crucial to you, I would definitely invest in a water pressure gauge. They are much better at determining the state of your cooling system, i.e, stuck tstat or bad impeller.

Bill Wilson

Cadet

Thank you for your reply. I will have to check the water guage again, it may be a pressure guage rather than a temp guage.<br />It sounds like all the wiring will be in my Merc. harness at the control. All the guages are lighted -- should also be a simple connection?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

the 93 60 does not have a remote oil monitor, I also dont think the temp swicth in the head is also a sender, that was an option. are you sure your gauge package is not for a mercrusier? if it is your tach may or may not work.

Bill Wilson

Cadet

Other than "Quicksilver" marked at the top of the gauge face, they don't have any markings which would indicate what they are intended for. How would I find out if my merc has a remote oil monitor and whether the temp switch in the head is a sender? Also, how could I confirm whether the gauges will work on the '93 - 60 hp?<br /><br />Thank you for your help