quicksilver control box wiring color codes

tracterman2

Cadet
okay..GREAT NEWS!! The 1150 with the bad wires has no problems besides wiring...I'm going to see how long the little pieces of wires that come from the trigger will last...I'm going to silicone over them to prevent any other problems for a time hopefully until I can get it out and dialed in...see if everything else is okay...here is the new question...had a mercontrol box and wiring in the box is shot...well I have a buddy that works at a manufacturing plant and was able to get a hold of a quicksilver control box with push button choke for free...the only problem is the plug has been cut..it is there are 8 wires coming from the control box so I'm assuming 9 wire plug when you include your hot starter wire...well I'm not going to get another plug yet until I make sure this engine will work...so I need to know what these wires do from the ignition switch so I can wire them into my 1970 1150...I have rewired it this morning and everything is great..thank goodness...just have to get the control box wired in to try it out...on the back of the ignition we have these letters... M A M S B E ...we believe the E is right...couldn't really make it out....serial number on box is 85892....and the colors are as follows from what we saw... Red, Black, Light Brown, Gray, Purple, Black w/Yellow strip, Yellow w/ red stripe, Yellow w/ black stripe...I'm assuming red and black are hot and ground for ignition...then the others will control the netrual safety, ignition on, choke...and that leaves some more wires...whatever help or direction would be great...as said before I'm trying to get an old engine running so I am just going to hard wire it for now...just need color codes to hook it up...thanks so much for the help...I found a wiring diagram last night and everything is good on the engine so far...we have fire and between 130 and 140psi compression...tilt/trim works...as does the starter...so just trying to get it ready for muffs...also it has four wires for tilt/trim I assume...does anyone know how to wire those into the trim motor plug?? Thanks again...this site is great!!

jmburock

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: quicksilver control box wiring color codes

Gray- tachometer.
Purple- accessory.
Black/ yellow- choke
Yellow/ red-starter solenoid
Light brown- ?water temperature.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

And yellow/black engine shut down. Shorts out the ignition modules when you turn the key off.

Yes, tan (light brown) is for the warning horn (grounds at the engine to activate).

Mark

reddogonr

Recruit

gooday monsieur i am from northern ontario canada and im going to be attempting the same challenge that u went thru and was wondering where to get schematic for this job. thnx and i hope everything went well 4 u

carholme

Rear Admiral

reddog;

They do not like it when you answer posts which are as old as this one is. Please start a new thread with your question.I have sent you a PM. Look under Notifications.

Gerry

reddogonr

Recruit

reddog;

They do not like it when you answer posts which are as old as this one is. Please start a new thread with your question.I have sent you a PM. Look under Notifications.

Gerry

thnx gerry new to this i c u are also in the north happy boating