Quick MS Word Question

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class
I got it into a mode where I have a Paragraph sign before every sentence and a dot inbetween words where a space would be. It's driving me nuts... I hit paragraph in the help section, but didn't get anywhere. When you page preview and print it comes out normal. ??? Thanks in advance for any help on this.

ndemge

Commander
Re: Quick MS Word Question

Goto <br /><br />Tools:<br /><br />Options:<br /><br />Then on the options menu, you should be on the "VIEW" tab.<br /><br />Under "Formatting marks:<br />Uncheck everything<br /><br />You probably have "tab characters" and "spaces" and paragraph marks" selected, undo it and your set.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Or,<br />On the tool bar up top (The standard toolbar -- the one with the save button, etc) click on the backwords looking P. This is a very useful tool for lining up the correct formats. I use it extensively when writing memos. I can glance and know I have four lines between last line and signature block rather than using the arrows and counting them. In military writing there needs to be two spaces after a period. You can glance at it and see that they are there.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

All fixed!!! Thanks guys. I couldn't find the backwards P Chappy. Maybe my version is too old (it's pretty old). Noel, under my formatting marks some how the "ALL" box was checked. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!! Jeff