Question and comment

BayouRunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Just read about 13 pages of posts, just for the halibut (lol....get it, instead of hell of it, I said halibut since most of us fish and a halibut ...oh, never mind) and noticed something. Mercury 115 h.p. (year doesn't matter) is NOT mentioned alot. This is either because it's a very good and dependable engine, there aren't alot of them, or they break to the point of no return, and instead of askin for help, people just buy new ones. I'm leaning towards very good and dependable.

As for my question...it's actually just a lil something to make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm:
Why are a group of apple trees called an orchard, but a group of pecan trees called a grove?

(Can ya tell I have to much time on my hands when the weather is bad???)

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Question and comment

No idea about the 115. But your spending WAY too much time alone!!!!! :)
Time for a hobby.J

BayouRunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

LOL....I'm getting stir crazy! Between work and rain, I can't seem to get out to fish! But, come hell or high water...next Saturday I'll be on the water, with HOPEFULLY a working tach, a boat running at peak performance and no leaks.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

BR - The inline six 115HP Mercs were very popular, and there are thousands of posts on them. These motors were discontinued in the late 80s, so there are not a lot of them left in service.

The newer 115HP Mercs are just not that numeous.

BayouRunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ahhhhh, ok C56, that makes sense. I have a 1990 115 that is doing wonderfully well for a 21 yr. old motor.

M

Maxz695

Whats a 115 I know what a halibuttis but is a 115 my next move Thanks for sharing. Wheres my halabut? Just for the hellof it who you voting for anyway. I,m to buisy fixing and trying to get out there and get me a snook which I think are a hellofalot better than halibut anyways. Scincerlly 70 HP up from a 40 on a 1750 long bass boat I don,t think that would fair well in Alaska!

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Max you must be getting bored. Look at the post date on the threads you just replyed to. You must be getting old like me, and just need something to do rather than watch all the BS on TV about the election. LOL
Oldman570

M

Maxz695

Old man I,m gonna have to change my name to younger old man soon if this keeps up. Birthday on the 11th. and after last month a lil humor goes a long long way.Think they will relpy to a 2011 post well at least we didn,t let it go unreplyed to and let them feel like there all alone in the forum. By the way I thought I seen that post last year.

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander

No need to change yourname. I've done the same as you more than once. Have GREAT birthday as they seem to come quicker as time goes on and the body slows down.
Oldman570