Question about pontoon boat trailers.

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer
Every once in a while I see a ladder that fits on the very front of the trailer Most of them are on the left side front going front just behind the hitch up by the hand crank. Are these custom made for the owner or is the some place where I can get one.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Question about pontoon boat trailers.

Mine came with the trailer but is integrated into the winch stand and bow stop. Looks like a welder could add very easily.

ahicks

Captain

Wowee, they're pretty proud of those!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I am sure one can be made, but the ones I have seen are made into the winch stand.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

This is what mine looks like:
7049.JPG

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've alos seen them bolted on before. Different trailer manufactures make them different. I have even seen people make pressure treated steps as well. As long as they don't interfere with the trailer operation, you can do what you prefer. Just an added convenience accessory

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Comes with all Tracker trailers.

Lurch77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The link bennyboy posted earlier in this thread is essentially the same thing, made to be bolted to an existing winch stand. It just doesn't have the hand rail. Do a Google image search for pontoon trailer steps, find one you like, and take the picture to any local welder and asked them to make one. Any competent welder can do it. You'll pay for good work, and have to have it painted, too.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

That's what I'm looking for,only one more step on the lower end. how did you come about getting it?
The lower step can be the trailer tongue. It actually has a rubber pad on it so you don't slip.

Lurch77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Bruce, I was looking at the trailer steps and I missed the fence the first time through this thread. What happened there? Does your common sense or failure to prepare signature have anything to do with it? :)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Hey Bruce, I was looking at the trailer steps and I missed the fence the first time through this thread. What happened there? Does your common sense or failure to prepare signature have anything to do with it? :)
I pulled that picture off a dealer's boat ad off the web. I think you will have to ask him. :)

Mine looks just like that...the ladder not the boat!

Last edited:

OK Toon

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If you want to see a nice set of steps, check out the ones on a Bear trailer. I think I got a quote for $700 for this bolt-on set up.

winch_stand.jpg

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most newer pontoon trailers come with this type of ladder on the front.
pontoon cover.jpg

Attachments

• covered boat.jpg
    covered boat.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks guys ,that's exactly what I'm looking for. I have a good friend who runs a welding shop. I'll see him when I get back from my 11 day cruise to the Caribbean. .Leaving Tuesday.