purchasing a boat ........need input. Pics included

just_crsn

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys, i have a relative who is thinking about buying a boat in Virginia USA. He is not sure what the value is for the following:

2003 STINGRAY 200CS with trailer
It has 220 hp Volvo Penta motor with 170 hours. It has been run in salt water but has been flushed after each outing. It also has a bimini top. Also what is the average GPH he would expect to see with this boat.
Would really appreciate any input from the more knowledgeable folks out there about this rig and if there is anything he should be aware of when or if be buys this boat.

here are a few pics

boat003.jpg

boat005.jpg

boat015.jpg

boat008.jpg

boat014.jpg

BoatNoobie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: purchasing a boat ........need input. Pics included

gallons per mile in the boat? Hopefully zero.

KermieB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow.. nice clean engine.

I have a 4.3 Mercruiser in a 19 Sea Ray bowrider... should be reasonably close on fuel consumption. I went on a long cruise today and set up my GPS to record the day to get an idea of my fuel consumption.

Most of the cruising was at around 23-25 mph, but the last 20 miles was at about 38 trying to beat a really bad storm back to the landing.

Moving time: 4:01 (remember, GPS records if you are even bearing moving)
Moving average speed:20.8 mph
Trip total: 82.91 miles
I used about 25 gallons of fuel

I guess that should average about 6 gallons per hour or 3 1/4 miles per gallon.

If I spend an average day dragging the tube, or wake boarding, I won't use but a 1/2 tank (12 gal.)

just_crsn

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks KermieB for your reply. Great information you gave in your post!!
Would you or anyone else know what a fair price would be for this type of boat?? He hasnt owned a boat before so he is not sure what it is worth..:)

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Stngray'e web site has links to performance tests by boatest.com for all of their current models.