pulse/vacuum hose replacement johnson/evinrude 18hp

Daveparm

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks, I ran the drain into a small fuel filter that the tube fit in, I plugged the other side. It should do the trick. In any case it will be interesting to see how long it takes to fill. The bottom right bolt hole didn't appear to be open as using a thin wire, I was only able to insert it about 3/4 inch. It looks like even if I could find the right fitting it wouldn't drain anyway.

BTW, Joe came through for me with the hose for the 72, and shipped it supper fast! Thanks Joe.

Daveparm

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks, I ran the drain into a small fuel filter that the tube fit in, I plugged the other side. It should do the trick. In any case it will be interesting to see how long it takes to fill. The bottom right bolt hole didn't appear to be open as using a thin wire, I was only able to insert it about 3/4 inch. It looks like even if I could find the right fitting it wouldn't drain anyway.

BTW, Joe came through for me with the hose for the 72, and shipped it supper fast! Thanks Joe.
I know this is an old thread I started, but was wondering if an older style 57-58 intake manifold/reed plate would work on a newer 22ci er. Based on this thread, I was thinking this might make my 1972 25hp idle like my 57 18hp. If so, I could probably bore the throat hole to match the opening for the 25 carb if larger. Thanks!