Public marine auctions ???????

opmope

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all. Anyone have any real info on up coming marine auctions in Florida? Searched the web and all it is is web sites wanting you to pay a members fee for info. Looking for salvage, bank repo, government seized, etc.
Thanks in advance, Dave.

sasto

Captain
Re: Public marine auctions ???????

Fort Lauderdale has one I have been to several times. It's called Boat Liquidators. Some are in water, some drydocked. You enter their facility and are free to roam. You can seatrial one if your interested. They have all paperwork on site. Usually they have over 100 boats ranging from a dingy to a yacht.

Good Luck!

sasto

Captain

Sasto, I'd love to go to an auction like that. If the deals are good...

Stop and pick me up, Bubba!

I went there last year looking for a livaboard for a lady friend. We found a 35'er that suited her needs. She figured with a boat she would find her a man to enjoy it with her. It's been a year....no man.....boat for sale!

But in all honesty, there are all kinds of boats there. Some repo, some confiscated. Before taking delivery I always recommend a drug dog search the vessel, if one already hasn't.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i think cranky ape has one in fla

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Stop and pick me up, Bubba!

I went there last year looking for a livaboard for a lady friend. We found a 35'er that suited her needs. She figured with a boat she would find her a man to enjoy it with her. It's been a year....no man.....boat for sale!

WOOOAH........hold it.......a 35 ?......what kind of power?.......is she cute? can she do oil changes?

"I always recommend a drug dog search the vessel"

Around these parts it is always good insurance. ;-)

Welcome to south FLA.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

As if buying a used boat weren't already fraught with enough peril....:eek:

yeah...i remember the 80's and fishing the Keys as the "square grouper" would float by. some days there were more of them than fish.

ah...the good ol days.

:rolleyes: