Prop Size

grima

Cadet
I have a johnson 115 on a 14' Swiftcraft Stilletto. Unfortunately I hit something in the bay and my prop is cactus. I've removed the prop, and the model numbers are illegible. <br />All I can make out is 1? 1/? X 1?<br /><br />My local boat dealer won't allow me to buy a prop and test it to see if it is correct.<br /><br />I use the boat primarily for skiing, however I do a little fishing as well.

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Prop Size

Try sanding the area where the stamp is with a fine grit paper. Maybe that will help.<br />I would "guess" that the prop is around 13" diameter with a pitch of 17"- 19".<br />You can try this site for some help. http://www.miwheel.com/MIWheel/html/products/outboard/PSearch.asp <br />The dealers in my area don't want to try before buy either, but most have a used selection that they will let you play with. If you have a tach on the boat you can try just about any pitch prop that will fit and adjust the pitch accordingly. Your dealer should at least be willing to give you a hint at a size to start with. If not find another dealer. I imagine you will get other replies on this topic, hopefully with more info.<br />Mike