Prop Question - Alpha One Outdrive

BeeEl

Seaman
Over the winter I sent my prop in to have it fixed/straightened. I got it back a few months ago. Looks great. Just now getting around to installing it and realized there is no hub in it!
Not sure where it is, but I know it isn't there. I could go through it all with the boat shop, but I'd rather just ask you all on here. Can you please tell me how I know what I am supposed to order?
The number on the prop is J14.25x21p
I have an old prop here that is all beat up. It still has its hub, but I assume it is pressed in because I can't get it to budge. The part on that particular prop is 48-78120-19.
I have a washer that goes on first and a splined washer and lock nut that goes on after the prop. I just need to know what to put inside this thing to make it go. There seem to be various options out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BL

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Do you know the manf of your 14.25x21p prop? if not.. try calling the shop back and tell them the fix it guy forgot to give you your hub back. it might just be laying in a bin someplace.. if you completely strike out on that.... dont put something in there that is not made exactly for it, you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new prop and hub kit.... and dont go back to the prop fit it guy again... good luck;)

alldodge

Staff member
Over the winter I sent my prop in to have it fixed/straightened. I got it back a few months ago. Looks great. Just now getting around to installing it and realized there is no hub in it!
Not sure where it is, but I know it isn't there. I could go through it all with the boat shop, but I'd rather just ask you all on here. Can you please tell me how I know what I am supposed to order?
The number on the prop is J14.25x21p
I have an old prop here that is all beat up. It still has its hub, but I assume it is pressed in because I can't get it to budge. The part on that particular prop is 48-78120-19.
I have a washer that goes on first and a splined washer and lock nut that goes on after the prop. I just need to know what to put inside this thing to make it go. There seem to be various options out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BL

Your old prop number indicates it's a 19 pitch prop. For a standard mercruiser type prop you need part number 835258Q2.

Here it is at iboats, w/ instructions. http://www.iboats.com/FLO-TORQ-II-K...7654898--session_id.182700242--view_id.480346

Personally I would call the prop shop back, they may ship you one

BeeEl

Seaman
Ok. But what do I ask them for since I don't know who made it? It sounds as though there are various hubs out there

BeeEl

Seaman
Maybe s helps, maybe it doesn't but the one alldodge listed isn't exact because there is nowhere on the shaft for the cotter pin. It currently has a nylon lock nut.

Does that help at all?

alldodge

Staff member
Ok. But what do I ask them for since I don't know who made it? It sounds as though there are various hubs out there

My understanding is the shop rebuilt your prop but didn't return it with the hub assembly. Just call the shop and tell them what happened and what your seeing. They know which hub fits the prop, and yes there are several different types. The one for an Alpha 1 including Gen 2 and Bravo 1 is part number 835258Q2. The only thing I can tell you about the pick on iboats is they have the wrong one showing. Here is the same one with a nylock nut at ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flo-Torq-II-...-/180831134062

Edit: I will say the above info is based on you having a Mercruiser style prop

Last edited:

BeeEl

Seaman
Since it was over the winter, the shop is no help AT ALL!
I can say that the inside of my prop does look like the Flo Torq hexagon shape, but maybe they all are that way and they are only subtle differences.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Id walk in with prop in hand....takes a bit of work to press hub back out...hopefully they cooperate..see shop owner..if its reputiple they should take care of u..