Prop pitch question

Bass-A-Holic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Im looking for new prop for my 15hp rudie pushing a 14 sea nymph and have a few questions. Right now Im running a 9.5x10 and Im running high rpm.

If i bought a 4 blade prop, does that mean i need a lower pitch because there is an extra blade? Heres what i was looking at-
http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ...ode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat21368
What prop, pitch, or diameter do you think I should run for my setup?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Prop pitch question

How high is "high rpm" compared to the max rpm recommended ??

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Might want to post this in the "prop" section.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moved to the Prop Forum.

kp913

Seaman

"These four-blade props are ideal for heavy load and sail drive applications, and they offer powerful thrust in forward or reverse."

I don't know how well one of these would work for you, I put above in quotes that per the website these props are ideal for heavy load and sail drive apps.

Typically when you are going to a 4 blade you drop at least 1 inch in pitch to accommodate for the added blade, but in your case, you are already turning to many RPM's you may just buy the same pitch in a 4 blade and you will reduce your RPM's by about 200-300.

Visit www.propellerforum.com

Bass-A-Holic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

kenmyfam said:
How high is "high rpm" compared to the max rpm recommended ??

well the motor is suposed to run between 5500 and 7000 rpm WOT, and i really dont know exactly how many rpm's it's running because i dont have a Tach. But from the sound it makes when running WOT you can tell that it is running more RPMs then it is supposed to.