PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

Vegas that Sleek is looking great, good work:D

Since you have a year-round boating season I'll bet you are planning to splash her in a month or so?

Excellent work and can't wait to see some video of Jezebel:)

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

r u freaking serious?? haha that looks pro man. Good job man.

Friscoboater

Captain

Great job man. I want to see it on the water.

Danger731

Cadet

This is a great thread ! I bought my 76 Executive around June this year. It is a Ford 460 jet which I like. The back are folding jumpseats. The helm starboard are front to back seats. I'll track down some pics.

Danger731

Cadet

I need to resize the pics

Danger731

Cadet

Goofy cat design on the paint, what where they thinkin. This was over a green 70's era speckle paint. I rattle canned it in the wind one morning I just couldn't look at it anymore.

Wish I had your GEL COAT ! The 70's green is stayin for now.

I took the lake pic after, I really need to do it right eh ?

Anyhow....

Your thread really has me motivated ! The sewing machine comes out tomorrow, goin to Jo Anns fabric this weekend !

dscn2620k.jpg

dscn2625.jpg

dscn2782kr.jpg

dscn2787b.jpg

Not to hi jack - just lettin ya know there are a few left !

Friscoboater

Captain

Man I love that the green glitter man.

system-f

Those sleekcraft execs are SO beautiful!!!

Vegas, got any pics of making your seat cushions? I am going to have to do a Sundeck, and two benchs, but keeping it stupid simple with single color and no barrels.

system-f

Did you have to sew the corners on the seat cushions or just pull it over and staple? My seat cushions and sundeck will be that simple so I will follow your lead.

Danger731

Cadet

Looks like I can get the vinyl for 4 bux / yrd in December. Local fabric store is havin a 50% off sale this Wednesday.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

$4 per yard kicks butt!

from my experience the vinyl WITHOUT the fuzzy backing is much easer to work with sewing wise......heavy and supple vinyl is the best!

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Updates!! I need updates!! :D

thrillhouse700

I updated mine now its your turn!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

okok ok jeez....
:D
Well we found that the gas filler caps ...one needs replacemnt as the threads are jacked...the other atleast needs an oring to seal good...we'll prob replace the filler/cap dealy whoppers....get rid of the flush mount key type caps...

the wife attempted to drain out the old gas in the 2 tanks....well our $60 oil sucker can thingy stopped sucking alltogether...no clue...guess the LAST TIME we sucked gas shrunk the internal components on the sucker....
so we played with this crappy mercruiser brand oil vampire...it didnt work...dont ask...anyways...we tried to find a regular cheapie siphon locally with no luck........so delay delay! Im about ready to get the rubber hose out and suck on it...but I REALLY dont want to have the old gas on my lips at all...really dont want to do that...call me a woose....I aint doin it!:eek:

now were eyballing tires for the sleek trailer...but since I HATE the chrome rusty moon cap rims that are currently on it...the thpought of putting tires on those rims and having to remove em later and put the tires on different rims etc....pain in the butt...so were looking at Rim Tire combos

gcmodnr-14.jpg

$129 ea with cheapie tires....$25 ea shipping....
-
-
-
modwtcnew.jpg

these are $105 with tires ...plus $25 ea shipping (the price is dirt cheap if ya ask me)

the price is a bit too low to trust the tires......might just go with RIMS and have tires installed locally......

trailer Rims and tires for this cheap HERE
http://www.trailer-wheels.com/14-inch-Aluminum-Modular-WheelTire-Combo-21575D14_p_727.html#

in the mean time I have a zillion pics to go thru from a recent photo job...so it will be a couple days of mulling over AM coffee about what the heck we want to spend on tires etc...until we decide (going to watch the cash flow a bit more tightly these days)

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps in the mean time...I overhauled a 2 bbl carb on my 1961 75hp evinrude motor thats sittin on the stand and compression checked it ...yea!!! the starter was good! booo! theres ALOT of confusing wires! (8)

(I paid $100 for the old evinrude motor) (YES its on the front porch ..again DONT ASK! lol) see PACK RAT or that show HOARDERS lol

I got 70 max compression...but I had the choke all the way closed OOPS...so Im rechecking the compression...also I fogged with WD40 which Im SURE is too thin to make much difference......Ill fog the cyl with 2 stroke oil next shot at the compression check.....and repost findings....hopinig it runs decent then Ill replace impeller and fluid, reseal the case and repl lower seal, repl propeller and strip/paint the darned thing...it COULD go on a poss future STARCRAFT???? hmmmm

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'll be watching to see what you end up with regarding tires/wheels. I'm going to be in the market for 2 or 3 of them soon. I have rough car tires on sh!tty rims on mine now.

Utahboatnut

Vegas you seem to have some stuff around do you have an old elec. fuel pump you could rig up some long hoses to and suck the gas out that way? Just a thought Or even one of those cheapy siphon tubes that has the bellows on top so you dont have to suck on it. hopefully when you re test the rude the numbers come up just a bit. Do you still do any thing with bugs? I have been into bajas/sandrails for years and some of my good friends are avid bug restorers, just was curious here in Utah our boating season is well over so need to rebuild rail engine to pass time. I like both of the rims you posted the alum. are nice even if the tires are cheap if they have the weight rating you need I'm sure they would last a few years wouldn't they? keep them out of the vegas sun when not in use, harbor freight has a set of 4 wheel covers for like ten bucks they work pretty well and seem to hold up, I have had mine for 3 years now in the harsh utah climate and they still look new.

erikgreen

Captain

I use a rotary gas pump, like you'd use on a barrel of light oil or gas, to move the stuff around. Less danger that way.

I think it cost maybe $35 at northern tool and hydraulic. I had to make an adapter for the 1.5" inlet to fit onto my tank's outlet, but after that 20 minutes of hand cranking and I had 3 full 6 gallon gas cans and an empty boat, with no spillage.

Erik