Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Arch, I have to admit, you really do some pretty impressive work. Even though Fuggly is selfish, I still like YOUR work. Too bad we don't live close, I could learn a lot from you. :thumb:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Chuck. Thanks for the link Ez. I also found a profile from Taco that is really close last night. Only problem is the shipping is freight and will probably be really high. I ran into that with Miss Morgan. I'm not sure if I will need the trim, but at least I have a few options on profiles. I am still undecided on what to do with the side pocket thing. I think for now I will cut it off and splice it back together. At least that way I can move forward on the back seats. Thanks GM you are welcome to drop in anytime! We need to have the Fourm convention, lol!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I spent half the morning organizing.....and moving stuff around. I finally got the side panel cut off and spliced back together. I have some screws and a block on the back side holding it together. I just finished up a partial drawing for the back seat, now its time for a HD run and lunch. Hopefully this afternoon I can get started on something that looks like a seat!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Same height as the stock ones, I am using 3" foam on top of the seat bottoms. Nice and cushy! I have 2" in miss Morgan and sometimes my butt hits the plywood when I hit a big wave. I figure fuggly is more like the Cadillac, nice and cushy lol

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Same height as the stock ones, I am using 3" foam on top of the seat bottoms. Nice and cushy! I have 2" in miss Morgan and sometimes my butt hits the plywood when I hit a big wave. I figure fuggly is more like the Cadillac, nice and cushy lol

Maybe you just need some quality butt injections. I know a really good Doctor in Florida that recently did butt injections. She used concrete, Super Glue and Expand-A-Foam. She could fix you right UP...literally!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey Arch, I'll be living in South Guthrie, by the 4th of July. Maybe I can help you out with some upholstery work on your custom seats. :joyous:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow ! The dog house and sun deck mods turned out awesome !! She's slowly turning into a beautiful swan for sure !
I went the el cheapo route with the edge trim .. I bought door edge trim from walmart and painted it white ... It's still hanging in there after a good bit of use !

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Lol GM I like breathing, think I will pass!

Wood it will be nice to have you in the area! I am hoping the upholstery gets done in the next few weeks! She better be in the water by July!

Thanks Sam, the interior started to take shape today. I spent 3/4 of the day trying to lay things out, piece the side panel together and draw up a rear seat frame. But after that things went nicely.

I have the back seat frames done. I just need to cut out the bottoms and the backs. The back panel will hinge off of the back deck so no need for a vertical frame. I ordered a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4" x 10' fiberglass angle from Zoro last week (great company by the way). UPS manage to crush it some how, looked like a fork lift ran over it. The stuff is seriously strong so, it would suprise me if that was what actually happened. Anyhow they are sending me another, but that is how I am anchoring the seat frames to the deck. Epoxying the angle to the deck, then screwing into the seat frame from the side. No penetrations through the deck, same thing I did with Miss Morgan. I think I will get the port side dash / side panel in, the wait for the angle. Once I have it I would like to anchor the two bases in place, cut the middle filer (in front of the dog house, it will be quick release) to fit. After that I will cut the seat bottoms and backs to fit.

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Arch, wondering why you choose to go with the 6 seat arrangement. I would think a 2 seat with a bench would have been easier and less design work, would it not have? :confused:

Guess I am just more a fan of the newer look :rolleyes: I am sure your design will look amazing like it did on Miss Morgan.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Hey Skater I really wanted the back to back seats and a bench across the back. Given the length of the inline 6 that didn't work. So I went with the 6 person layout. The bench and two in the front would have really been a 5 person deal. I looked at some other options, but I wanted to stay close to what would have been built in the period and get as many seats as I could. 6 should be a good number the hull is rated for 7. Someone can always ride in the bowl I didn't have much time on the boat today but did put the port side dash side panel in and spliced it together. Also I noticed that the two side are quite a bit different when it comes to how low the side panel is to the floor. you can see that in the two sections I cut out. I was glad I could save the power cat logos. Think I will trim the starboard one to match the port. I didn't notice before, but that will bug me now!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Arch, anyway to cut the actual logo out and then place them refinished on new sides? Just wondering. :noidea:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I need to compare it to the ones that came off the side. But I think these are too big to go on the side. Might make a mold?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I cut them out of the side panel things that are on the interior Sam. Ez I found a guy who CNC's the side ones in stainless them, but the ones he makes say CA on them not Texas. My boat is a later Texas model. I talked with him about making the Texas ones but I haven't gotten back with him. That is sort of low on the priories right now lol. But I do want to get something eventually for the badges on the outside. There is a place molded in the side of the hull specifically for the badge, so I would really like to get something that is close to correct. My badges were plastic and falling apart. They also warped so not so good for molding.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
I'll add my $.02 on the decals/emblems. Billet aluminum (or SS) would be awesome, but I bet costs would be ridiculous? I ordered all my registration numbers and boat name from Domed Letters. I bet they could mimic the original decal/emblem and give it the 3 dimensional look as well for a fraction of the cost? anyway, I get the low on the totem pole item...keep up the good work, she's looking mighty 'purdy'!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Hey Baja, the stainless ones weren't crazy....I think $100, but they looked really nice! Anyhow I have a lot to worry about before I get down to that lol! I got a new toy today. This should make buffing out the trim a lot easier. Before I used my bench grinder, but the arbor is the wrong size. Works ok, but its hard to keep it balanced. This thing runs like a top!