Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Seriously...Where's the pontoon :)~

Project Fugly is lookin good! I still need to find me a project boat!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
GT2003 I sold the pontoon and bought fuggly. I liked the pontoon project, but I think fuggly will be a lot more useful. I may go back to another pontoon one of these days!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Arch you really have done impressive work. Not just on overbuilding the trailer, but also on a very nice paint job. I think it looks great.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
thanks tnst and GM! I am so glad to have the paint crossed off my list. I'm looking forward to assembling the trailer and putting Fuggly back on.

Thanks
Bobby

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Tonight I pulled the trailer out of the paint booth and started putting it together. I got the winch, jack, fenders and piping for the wiring installed. I have a list of stuff to pick up tomorrow so I can keep rolling forward!

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Arch, Your trailer trailer is already looking great even partially assembled. Great work! I discovered that I will have to rebuild the trailer for my Islander when I rebuild the boat. The springs and links joining them have totally rusted through waiting for me to finish building chicken coops,duck houses, fences and renovating our bathrooms. I hope my work is comparable to yours!
Cheers

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Looking good Arch. Are you going to put a back on the fenders, or just leave them open?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Really nice! But now you probably don't want to take it out and get it dirty. I know that's how I felt with mine. :thumb: :thumb:

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Looking good Arch. Are you going to put a back on the fenders, or just leave them open?
If Miss Morgan's trailer is any indication I would say he is putting a back on them. I remember his from Miss Morgan and wow he put a ton of work into them and they turned out awesome.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Pcola, take your time and I am sure yours will turn out great! I hear you on the other projects!

Nurseman, I am leaving the fenders open, at least for now. Skater, I thought about enclosing them, but this boat sits up much higher on the trailer than Miss Morgan. She sort of snuggles down between the fenders. I was concerned about them rubbing on the hull, but I don't think that will be the case with Fuggly's trailer.

Oh its going to get dirty and Fuggly is going to get wet this summer GM!

I spent half of today at ace and home depot trying to get all 900000000 bolts and nuts to put the bunks on. I did get the bunk brackets on, and all of the wood cut out, drilled and carriage bolts installed for the bunks, guides and stops. Was that a run on sentence? lol! All of that hardware for that is galvanized. I also installed the marker and tail lights. I used stainless machine screws for that. I also pulled the wire down the tongue tube and conduit, so now all is left is making the connections. I changed to snap in plastic bushings, where the wires go through steel. The rubber ones just we weren't working with the 3/16" steel. I am going to work on putting carpet on the bunks tomorrow.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Fuggly's carriage is almost ready ! Looking great Arch !!
I would have to try at least once to send a paper football through the uprights ! :lol:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I spent half the day cleaning the shop and some in my garage. You cant really tell, lol I need to spend a weekend doing cleaning. I did get it picked up enough to get the plywood for the steps cut out and all of the carpet cut out. Down to putting the carpet on, installing the bunks / guides / steps and making the wiring connections. After that a couple hours of tweaks and the trailer will finally be done!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hmmm, maybe we need a Trailer of the Year catagory too :llama:

Probably not, but this 1 would get my vote, and ya aint even done yet.......

Nice work

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks for the complements! I think we should just stick with boat of the year, lol! This time change is killing me this morning, I really want to make some progress this morning. Looking forward to getting it back under Fuggly!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Looks really nice. You should be proud of it as well. It is the detail that makes such projects really shine. And seems you've covered the details very well. :thumb: :thumb: