Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The other method is to hang one shoe on the footboard and take a good bottle of bourbon to bed. Drink until you see both shoes!
Cheers

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I felt better again this morning, hopefully I will be feeling normal by the end of the day.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I felt better again this morning, hopefully I will be feeling normal by the end of the day.

Arch, and what will NORMAL actually be? I don't know if anybody ever called me normal, I've been called Abby Normal a few times though. :facepalm:

Glad to hear you are feeling better

Last edited by a moderator:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I think Fuggly is the one who feels "pretty", lol. I feel close to normal tonight other than a little stuffyness. I spent sometime this evening sorting out how the guages are wired and figuring out what is what on the dash end of the wiring harness.

Not sure that I totally understand the wiring yet, the diagram I found was a little grainy. The ignition cutout part and switch are a little confusing. It kind of looks like the ignition switch has 4 post? That isn't making sense to me, there are no accessories functions shown on the wiring diagram. Anyone know? I'd love to find the part number for the correct one, mine was missing when I got the boat.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Pusher, the tach is a little different than the other gauges. But all the ones I found looked like this one so I ran with it. This one has "6 cly" stamped in ink on the back. Which pretty much confirms that my old one isn't adjustable, so only good for a 4 banger.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I ordered new oil and water sending units. Might as well make sure I have good ones. I also ordered one of those solid gold fuel pumps.....its nuts what they cost!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I went back out in the shop tonight for a bit. Feeling normal other than sniffling and that sort of stuff. But I cut out and welded on two tabs for mounting the step boards. Forgot to take a pic, but you aren't missing anything....two pieces of plate with a hole drilled in for the bolt to secure the plywood to. I also welded two tabs in the top and bottom of the back end of the tongue tube. I want a removable cover so that I can fish the trailer lights down the tube later. After welding the tabs in place, I drilled #7 holes through them. That corresponds to a 1/4" x 20 tap size.

I then clamped the cover to the back of the tube, again forgot the pic......the clamping fixture was rather impressive......then drilled through the plate holes into the tabs, which gave me nice registration. Then I ran a tap through the holes and drilled out the holes in the cover to 5/16"

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks good arch ! Good idea on the cover for access ...Glad your feeling close to normal again ..

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Nice work Arch. Seems you to like to make things just so so. Nothing wrong with that.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Nice work Arch, in the home stretch, now I think your just showing off with the access panels. Lol. I found this pic and thought you'd enjoy it.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Nice work Arch, in the home stretch, now I think your just showing off with the access panels. Lol. I found this pic and thought you'd enjoy it.

That's impressive!

Oh and Arch I think your trailer is equally IMPRESSIVE! I really need t brush up on my welding skills.