probes ?

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander
What does everybody use to probe coil's female connections to test when using a meter ? the probes on my meter are to large and will not fit. I have been chacing a no spark issue on EST igniton system any and all comments would be a grat help.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: probes ?

I am assuming that the female terminations are NOT of the standard female quick-disconnect. Standard VOM probes fit them just fine...

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Safety pins work well as well. At work, I have some test probes for my meter that look about like needles. That doesn't help you, but they do make them. When I need to jury rig something at home, I will use the safety pin solution. Another solution that we occasionally use at work is dress-makers t-pins, so if your spouse sews, they might have some of those.

TerryMSU

Lakemeadan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Files, grinding wheels or visits to electronic shop for custom probes if you don't feel like tinkering with a inbetween objects.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

got som small blade terminals from the electrician @ work today and they exactly the same size as the male terminals on the molded socket connectors the only problem now is that the contacts inside the coil are not making contact (spread out) from megshift probes tried what I did last year and fashioned a paperclip with a tiny hook on the end to drop in and turn then pull back to close them back up some and the end of the clip snapped off inside the contact of the coil. Not looking forward to paying for a new coil I will try a a pair of small hemostats to remove the broken off piece in the am. Thanx for all the possible solutions

Lakemeadan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Now you need good lighting, thick reading glasses, calm nerves and a dental tool to bend that baby back into shape.