Previous post was "stringer questions, now is decking questions

charles1961

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i will post some new pics of the stringer project, but my question now is what thickness should i use for my plywood deck ? I see alot of post on deck repairs but I haven't seen anything on the deck thickness. My boat is a 1990 larson bowrider 17 footer. about 5 feet across at the widest point and about 8 feet in length before it reaches the console and then it tapers alot to the front from there. i am not sure if what i see is correct or an attempt at patching.it seems that there was 2 layers of 1/4" or 3/8" plywood with fiberglass about an 1/8 thick between each sheet of plywood. Does this sound right. if it helps I have put in 3/4 " plywood stringers in the boat and the boat is inboard/outboard. any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Previous post was "stringer questions, now is decking questions

You should probably keep the new question in the first thread, people are going to have a very difficult time following what's going on if they have to bounce back and forth between two different threads.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yep ^^^ plus before & after demo pix would be helpful...

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I agree, reopen your old thread and post pics of your work so far for the best help and most interest.

charles1961

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I agree, reopen your old thread and post pics of your work so far for the best help and most interest.[/QUOTE

wasn't sure how to reopen the old thread.