Prayers and Thoughts request.

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: Prayers and Thoughts request.

Prayers to you, Shirley and family, Paul. Hope today's scan gave some encouragement.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well, scans completed this afternoon, results in the morning. Will keep you all informed.
A HUGE Thank You to all of you for your thoughts, prayers and support. It means so much to us all here.

its_420

Seaman Apprentice

Im new here and Im not sure who this is , but you have my wishes!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Prayers and Thoughts request. Update 10-4-11

Well took her to the doctors today for the results and things do not look good at all. Apparently it has spread to her pancreas and that is blocking the liver from functioning properly. new tumour there and it has gone from zero to 50mm in about 6 weeks. very limited treatment available and it will only prolong the inevitable. Could also cause her extreme discomfort as well. Currently has a different pain medication for now and she has to make the decision of take the available treatment or let nature take it's course. She is still currently of sound mind but from what they are saying that will go at some point as the cancer spreads.
Sad outlook and I am doing what I can to be the "strong one" at this time.
From our entire family I want to thank you all once again for your words, thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

aspeck

Staff member

If you need ANYTHING, a phone call, prayer, shoulder to cry on, etc. PM me with your number. You and your family have been and will continue to be in my prayers.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Sorry to hear the less than encouraging news. Will be praying for her comfort and your strength for the family...... May God be with you and her family..........

tallcanadian

Captain

Hey Ken. Just heard the news. I'm so sorry and you all will be in my thoughts. I hope your Mrs gets through this okay. Be strong, may your voyage be on calm waters.

Kohrah

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Once again I realize I'm relatively new here, You have my thoughts and prayers for your family.

I'm up at all random times (I work swing so sleep is not my friend) and will gladly wake up for a phone call if you or your family needs to vent to someone. If ya need me send me a PM and I'll gladly share my number with you.

ac0j

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I dont believe in Prayer, If that worked, you would not be in this position. But My heart goes out to you and yours. And allthough I dont know you personally, You WILL be in my thoughts. Be strong.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I dont believe in Prayer, If that worked, you would not be in this position. But My heart goes out to you and yours. And allthough I dont know you personally, You WILL be in my thoughts. Be strong.

Not all prayers are answered. Why, we don't know. But someday it will be made clear to us.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Quick update, Shirley has an appointment at the cancer clinic in the morning. We don't know really what to expect right now but time will tell. Mrs Ken is having a hard time with it all right now but our children have been amazing.
Hopefully we will all be having Canadian Thanksgiving at our home on Monday. Our youngest son has insisted on cooking the meal for all of us and wants to give her a wonderful day. Brought a tear to our eyes I can tell you.
Mrs Ken has been following this thread as well and feels a lot of comfort from all of your posts.
Once again a huge THANK YOU to one and all for your words of comfort and support. You are ALL family to us.
Ken.

southkogs

Staff member

All the best - Great news on the family pulling together.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Family First!

kenmyfam you are a part of our iboats family. Absolutely anything we can do for you ...... we will try.

Our prayers and support to everyone involved. Yes, I do believe in prayer.

Kohrah

Petty Officer 2nd Class

this goes for anyone here. If there is ever a time that you need to talk to someone for any reason, send me a PM.

Kenmyfam your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Prayers being sent. Thanks for being part of our family. Yes...prayer is most important.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Shirley went for her appointment today with a small gathering of family to support her. After the consultation she has chosen to have the Stint put in place to relieve the pressure on her liver. Minor invasive and scheduled for Wednesday. Thanksgiving dinner is on for Monday with the entire family at our house. Graham (our youngest son) is going to be the Chef of the day. Mrs Ken is doing as well as can be expected right now. Will keep posting as things go on.
You guys and gals are the greatest !!! We are feeling stronger dealing with this knowing you are all with us.
Thank You All once again,
Ken and Family.

nlain

Commander

Prayers are still going, hope all works out well.