Prayer Request.

64osby

Admiral
Thanks guys.

Hip Doc said no weight for 2 -3 months. 2 plates and 5 screws are holding everything together.

We have heard nothing but great things about the center.

Like rebuilding the LS, slow, steady. Do it the right way, there are no shortcuts. Desire, hard work and the right tools will provide best results

Tnstratofam

Commander
Glad to hear she is heading to rehab. You all will continue to be in our prayers. We will also continue to pray for peace and healing for her boyfriend's family.

Tell her there is a little mountain church in Tennessee full of good old country people praying for a quick recovery!

southkogs

Staff member
All good news ... I'm very glad to have read all of the good updates today. My continued prayers for her and your family.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That is good news, 64. A lotta hard work ahead for her. And a lotta round trips for you and Mrs. Osby. I know this has been hard on both of you.

64osby

Admiral
The rehab hospital is awesome. Lots of hard work going on here for OT, PT and ST (occupational, physical and speech).

It is difficult to watch at times, frustrating might be a better word. But I know it is 100 times harder for my daughter.

She ends up sleeping a lot after the therapy. Still has a lot of pain from the hip surgery too.

A bonus has been I end up with more time to look over iboats.

Thanks once again for the continued prayers and thoughts. At the right time I will also raise a glass too.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us all updated

64osby

Admiral
Sitting up as my daughter sleeps tonight. Back up for 3 or 4 days with her. The Admiral and I are taking turns, one of us is with her all the time.

Progress is slow and steady.

She moved to a new wheel chair that she likes much better. She still is under Doctors orders for no weight on one leg. She has been standing on the other.

She is talking, eating, moving as much as possible. She laughs and cries and makes me do the same.

Prognosis from the Docs is good. Being young and strong is a big plus.

"Full" recovery is expected to take up to two years.

Thanks for the continued prayers and thoughts.

Volphin

Lieutenant
Slow and steady is good. Y'all are still in our thoughts and prayers.

NYBo

Admiral
Wonderful news! A prayer of thanksgiving tonight, for sure.

southkogs

Staff member
Congratulations on the good news - and best wishes to your daughter as well. Will continue to pray for quick healing and recovery.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Prayers and best wishes continued from here. Great to hear of the positive progress.