Powered by twin Chrysler 140s.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Powered by twin Chrysler 140s.

You must have married a rich girl??
We went 2 years ago and enjoyed every minute.
The weather we had was wonderful.

Attachments

• Picture 296.jpg
    Picture 296.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 336.jpg
    Picture 336.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

MickLovin

Master Chief Petty Officer

This thread is full of show offs LOL, come on next it will be a round the world trip with your mistresses :eek: oh sorry you guys probably already done that :p

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Not yet.
Maybe in October when some companies lower their rates.

MikDee

Banned

So, is that the powerplants they use for the Carnival cruise line, just on April 1st each year! :D

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

DSC01604.jpg

OK! April Fool's is over. The ship is diesel-electric with two giant 9 cylinder diesels running generators powering two 2400 horsepower electric "aqua-pods." These pods can turn 360 degrees so the ship has no rudders. The props are set in front of the pod--opposite an outboard--so there is no turbulence from the pod to disturb water flow to the prop. Additionally, there are bow thrusters and the ship can be docked with no assistance. If he wanted to the (Italian--my boy--DeAngelis) captain could turn the ship in its own length. A third 9 cylinder diesel supplies all electric power to the ship.

First day out we lost all power for two hours. The seas were rough and the ship turned sideways to the waves so she was rocking a good bit. Stewards put barf bags in all the bathrooms.

Last edited:

MickLovin

Master Chief Petty Officer

What did you think we thought they were twin Chrysler's just cause of your thread's heading. I suppose you blokes think your the only ones cruising around on big ships. So now we are making up silly stories of twin 140hp Chryslers, tell the truth it wasn't a holiday, you were doing a love job for toy-boy DeAngellis and couldn't help yourself but play with his motor ROFL.
But sorry to say I was looking for the Chryslers at first, bugger I am dumb sometimes LOL.
How do you think bow thrusters would go on my 17ft half cabin :p