Power Trim retainer pin

llyons

Seaman
Does anybody know how to get the pin out that holds the bigger pin on the trim ram that connects to the motor?

I have beat on this pin with a pin punch for hours and its not moving. I see there is a hole from the motor side but I cant get a pin punch and hammer in there.

Help

M

Maxz695

Re: Power Trim retainer pin

try heating it up but i would run all gas out of the carbs disconnect the fuel line rinse out the cowel very good . Gunk even better put a wet towel under the carb section and get the torch going heat and hit. A Fire extinguisher would be highly recommended to have at the ready

llyons

Seaman

what engine? what trim system?

Its a 87 mercury 150 XR2 blackmax. It has the square trim pump motor. There are 2 pins. One is about a inch in diameter and is the primary pin connecting the trim ram to the motor. There is a smaller pin holding the bigger pin in place. This is the pin I am trying to remove and cant.

RRitt

Captain

then all you can do is work it. if you had the single ram system then you could just saw the bracket in half and buy a new bracket.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Mine actually came out easy, after I hit it with PB Blaster. Surprised the heck out of me. I was getting ready to drill it out.

Can you tilt the motor all the way up and drive it out from the inside?