Power Tilt Didn't work?

oceansbreeze

Petty Officer 1st Class
1998 Evinrude 70hp 2 stroke.

I thought I heard a weird noise today from my engine, but it kept doing it for 20-30 seconds after engine was turned off...

Then while bored, I was messing around in the bileg area, and realized somehow the bilge was on, so I turned it off...

The rest of the day continued fine, then when I got in just before dark, pulled up to the dock, my engine wouldn't trim up. I had trimmed it up, down, no problems on the lake.... and I swear I heard that "whining" sound again....

I was using the button on the throttle handle, so I went and tried the one on the engine, wouldn't trim/tilt up.... but it would continue to trim down a bit..

Another boat came up needing the ramp, so I cast off again, and putted around in a circle, hoping maybe a little extra voltage with the engine doing more than a idle would make it work... nope..

Back to the landing, engine off, I was scratching my head (no more whine sound) now dreading the idea of dragging my skeg on the ground....

Persistence paid off, then the trim/tilt kicked in.... worked fine on throttle and engine..

Retrieved, and tested it ok again, up down. Tested again at home, seems fine..

Warning signs of something bad about to happen, or just a fluke? Any suggestions?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Power Tilt Didn't work?

check connections for corrosion.