Power Pack Brands

jasper astro

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Need advice on brands of power packs for my 50 hp, 1990 Force. Currently using CDI, did not last 6- months. Prestolite makes a power pack that works on this model, dont know about sierra though? Any advise on which brand is more reliable. Thanks....jas.... :rolleyes:

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Power Pack Brands

CDI had a problem with those power packs and suspended production last September. Give them a call. If they resolved the problem maybe they'll do something for you.

jasper astro

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Does anyone have a number for CDI. All i get when i search is 5000 search engines for cdi parts.<br />Thanks for the info, this probably explains the problem i am having. ....jas....

jasper astro

Petty Officer 3rd Class

LI. Chuck......<br />Thanks for your advice!!....I contacted CDI, and they said to send it back to my parts dealer.<br />I contacted E-Basic power in North Carolina..from who i purchased it from....they looked me up...seen what I ordered and when....then he said put it in the box and we will replace it!!<br />Thanks L.I....you saved me 134.00$$...<br />I will box it up tonight and off it goes!!!<br />Thanks again....jas.... ;)

peteypug

Seaman Apprentice

I was wondering if this power pack...that is defective, could have done any damage to any other electrical funtion in my motor. I was worried about the stator, if any damage could result to it from a bad power pack?<br />I purchased both at the same time and the old stator did have a burned wire on one of the leads.<br />Upon insepection of the stator....looking under the flywheel...i did not notice any singes.<br />Alot can happen if one electrical parts goes bad, i am worried of the possibilities after i get my replaced power pack...install it ...then something else is bad.....<br /><br />Boater...without...a motor......<br /><br />jas....peteypug..... :eek:

peteypug

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the advise...better luck next time i guess