Power Loss

shaneb0422

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This weekend we took the boat out, it had a bit more weight than normal but not over capacity - Full Tank, 3 People and a cooler with 16 lbs of ice and some water bottles.
But, we noticed the boat struggled a lot to do anything, especially at take off. I had taken it out 2 days prior and the night ended with the boat running fine. So I'm at a great loss as to why it is running poorly now. It would barely drag me up on the wakeboard and get up to speed. It will still rev up to operating RPM but just has no acceleration. And it sounded a little "rougher" running. Like you would expect with an engine when it is struggling. It was also idling about 300 RPM lower than normal.
I noticed when I got home, that the Power Steering fluid was abnormally low. So I filled it. We also had about 1/2-1 quart too much oil in it. It was a choppy day, I read that that could cause agitated oil and loss in performance. Thing is, the oil has apparently been that full for a month now. And this problem just occurred. Either way, I pulled out the extra oil and filled the PS fluid. Anything else that I can check?
Is there any chance that PS fluid can affect engine performance?
1987 Glastron X-19
Merc 3.7 165hp 4 Cylinder
4 Blade 19p Prop. - Prop is not damaged.