Post pictures of the fish you catch!!

catfish58

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Post pictures of the fish you catch!!

I forgot about this one.7-7-2010 007.jpg

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

DSC01499.JPG

Caught this guy tonight on a worm. I have some shad cut up that I'm going to give a try on sunday. I can't wait!

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

mini catfish, 2 for the price of 1 :D

2for1.jpg

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

thats the fist pic ive ever seen of a catfish being held by the top.

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

472174_10151748565595235_1956621306_o.jpg

5lb wiper from Milford Lake, KS.

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

thats the fist pic ive ever seen of a catfish being held by the top.

It was honestly just the easiest way to pick him up from the cooler to throw him on the cutting board! Going to taste great!

spyder9179

Seaman Apprentice

bass.jpg

Caught this one this past weekend. I know it's not much compared to some of the ones others posted in here, but for a newbie, I was thrilled to get it in the boat!

ssmith36

Cadet

Got this just before we quit for the day this was the 3rd wiper we put in the boat, and my 2nd. All three fish were master angler award fish in Nebraska. Wiper @ Trenton .jpg

BonairII

Commander

My son caught 2 Bowfin the other day. One was 25" the other one(in pic) was 27"

fdca471e.jpg

scipper77

Commander

I once caught a bowfin and didn't have my net or lip grip with me. It was not a pleasant experience. Those suckers are mountains of thrashing rage in a 12' boat.

BonairII

Commander

I once caught a bowfin and didn't have my net or lip grip with me. It was not a pleasant experience. Those suckers are mountains of thrashing rage in a 12' boat.

I used a small collapsible net to get them in...the net was bit small, so it was tough to boat them. Used the lip gripper for the pics.

Neither of us had ever seen a bowfin in person before, so when I saw the first one at the boat...I went for the net because I didn't want to give it a chance to get free screwing around with the lip grippers.

Boson_BM3

Recruit

1.jpg2.jpg
5 plus pounds Saguaro Lake Arizona, on a $2 lure from walmart!

catfishcarl99

big ol grass carp there.

caught a few this sunday on carlyle lake. went to an annual gathering of catfisherman we have there.

7lbs 7 oz
77lbscarlyle2012.jpg

these were just 4.6 and 4.2.
4642carlyle2012.jpg

had what was poised to be my personal best catfish on the line and lost it. was fishing an abu garcia 6500/cl3 with 50lb invicta mono and8/0 wide gap invicta circle hook fishing an 8" bluegill head cut behind the pectoral fins on a catfish ugly stick. after a 10 min fight and a guy and his wife on a wave runner watching the firece battle the hook came loose when he was about 5' from the boat. heartbreaking. guessing a bluecat. i dont have them in the lake i fish here in central il. this was a beast and would have been my PB. if it was a channel it was a monster. im guessing 20ish the way it was just doubling the rod and pulling against my reeling on 3/4 drag. THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY lol. oh well i know it was a nice
one either way.

took the boys out for a bit. the oldest got his best too. he dosnt like going much but was smiling ater reeling this one in.

tilerscarlylecat.jpg

joeseffishing.jpg

Attachments

• 4.6 4.2 carlyle 2012.jpg
    4.6 4.2 carlyle 2012.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0

scipper77

Commander

took the boys out for a bit. the oldest got his best too. he dosnt like going much but was smiling ater reeling this one in.

Sounds like you have the same problem I have. I love fishing so much that it's hard for my kids to go with me sometimes. I could stay out all day even if there is hardly a bite. Once the kids get bored, keeping them out there will all but guarantee they will not develop a love of fishing (sours the experience).

catfishcarl99

Sounds like you have the same problem I have. I love fishing so much that it's hard for my kids to go with me sometimes. I could stay out all day even if there is hardly a bite. Once the kids get bored, keeping them out there will all but guarantee they will not develop a love of fishing (sours the experience).

ya my youngest loves to go. he finds sticks and bugs on shore to play with and he likes to try and net shad on the boat. grandma or mom usually comes to get them if they get to BORED.