Post Pics of Your Tahoe and Upgrades!

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Post Pics of Your Tahoe and Upgrades!

grendelsniper... nice rig you got there... how big of a differance does the 4 blade make?

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you, dmoss.

Alot better holding power, well just all better, top speed, take off, it is 21p just like the stock one. added one more pic

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice

First here is how I did the trolling motor. It is a Minnkota quick release plate bolted to the OEM motorguide plate.photo4a.jpgphoto7a.jpg

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice

Here is the wakeboard tower that the prior owner did. I probably wouldn't have shelled out the bucks for it, but hey I'll take it used.photo1a.jpgphoto5a.jpg

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice

Here are the fishing seats I found at greatlakes skipper as mine did not come with seats. Exact match to interior...!photo6a.jpg
And finally here is where my smart tabs are...
photo9a.jpg

I plan to stick a fish finder up front with the terrova as well. I'll take pictures of the aluminum plate I'm fabricating to make that possible.

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here are the fishing seats I found at greatlakes skipper as mine did not come with seats. Exact match to interior...!View attachment 153315
And finally here is where my smart tabs are...
View attachment 153316

I plan to stick a fish finder up front with the terrova as well. I'll take pictures of the aluminum plate I'm fabricating to make that possible.

Super nice set up you got... I like the yellow tower and speakers.....

PigInAPoke

Cadet

Tahoe in Driveway.jpg

New 228. 350 Mag with Bravo 1. No upgrades yet, though trimtabs are going to be a requirement.

JUST BECAUSE

Cadet

tahoe 265.jpg This is my 265 Deck boat, love the boat, was not easy to get, special order as it was the last 265 produced by Tahoe.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Thank you, dmoss.

Alot better holding power, well just all better, top speed, take off, it is 21p just like the stock one. added one more pic

A 4 blade prop will give you more out of the hole and less top end...it is the nature of the beast. If you want the best of both worlds a 3 blade is the way to go.

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

David, if you mean the bars on the front of the bow above the seating area, they came with the boat. They don't serve too much of a purpose but they are nice to hold on to when it gets a bit choppy.

I use them to tie the fenders to when docking.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Nice looking boat and the fastest color! :)

sweetchuck08

Cadet

I'm just about to add Smart Tabs to my Q6 SF. Do they get in the way of your ladder when you drop it? How do they improve your boats performance? Any more top speed? Ride a lot smoother? Thanks.

dursetto

Cadet

Here is a link to a terrific thread on Tahoe Q6 Smart Tabs install. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=360754
I used this as a guide for my 2007 Q6 SF. The ladder easily clears the tab as you can see in the pictures.
This was the best investment I ever made in my boat. The boat comes on plane much faster, slow speed wandering is diminished, the boat cuts through waves much better and top speed is slightly increased.
Go for it. I wish I had done it years ago. Good luck!

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

Additional pics showing the MT2 Monster Tower and bimini topP5020007.jpg P7020192.jpgP7020196.jpgP7020199.jpg

sweetchuck08

Cadet

I added my smart tabs on my Tahoe Q6 SF. It was really easy. I'd say it took me about 45 minutes to do total. I have them setup using the middle hole, #3. I've only tested it once so far. It planned out almost instantly, I was really quite amazed. I didn't notice any change in my top end (44mph). I have a 4.3L carbed Mercruiser. I am gonna try to play with the settings the next time I go out. I should also note I have the 80lb tabs, as thats what was recommended for my boat by Nauticus. Pleased with the planning time, but was hoping for a little more top end speed. I just ordered a Legacy 14 1/4" x 21 prop. I'm hopping this combination brings me to where I want to be.

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

wow they recommended the 60lbs for my boat with the carbed 5.0l I top out at 54mph hitting rev limiter. I think I need more pitch

I added my smart tabs on my Tahoe Q6 SF. It was really easy. I'd say it took me about 45 minutes to do total. I have them setup using the middle hole, #3. I've only tested it once so far. It planned out almost instantly, I was really quite amazed. I didn't notice any change in my top end (44mph). I have a 4.3L carbed Mercruiser. I am gonna try to play with the settings the next time I go out. I should also note I have the 80lb tabs, as thats what was recommended for my boat by Nauticus. Pleased with the planning time, but was hoping for a little more top end speed. I just ordered a Legacy 14 1/4" x 21 prop. I'm hopping this combination brings me to where I want to be.

sweetchuck08

Cadet

Ok i called nauticus and they told me i should have bought the 60lbers. I got confused with the i/o vs. The outboard hp ratings. I still think i followed the chart properly. They told me with the proper adjustment the 80 may still work, but if it doesnt theyll swap the 80's for the 60's. They are also sending me the proper end brackets for the actuator so they won't bind. Eith the q6's swim platform there isn't enough space for the actuator to rotate against the smart tab.

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

awesome! they sent me the different ends also and its works perfectly. I use the middle hole on the smart tabs, have not played around with it to see if any others make a difference.

Ok i called nauticus and they told me i should have bought the 60lbers. I got confused with the i/o vs. The outboard hp ratings. I still think i followed the chart properly. They told me with the proper adjustment the 80 may still work, but if it doesnt theyll swap the 80's for the 60's. They are also sending me the proper end brackets for the actuator so they won't bind. Eith the q6's swim platform there isn't enough space for the actuator to rotate against the smart tab.

supercrewser

Seaman Apprentice

Good topic :)

Here is my girl at pickup. All a wonderful spring morning that was! 80 in early april in MN, cold the day before and cold rainy the next day!
2012-04-14_10-23-06_406.jpg

My only changes besides keeping good slather of Aerospace303 on it... has been some added lights in the engine bay and side compartments. See link from my signature if you want and too long of a writeup on it.
BoatLightsOnandOff.jpg

2012-05-10012.jpg

Best 20$ bucks i have spent on her!

Nice boat Boatdrinks. Can I ask how you stow the fishing seats in the engine bay? I have 2010 Q5i and theres no way to secure the seats back there.