Post a pic of your starcraft!

blinkie2843

Cadet
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Unfortunatly a trailer photo, next year a pic in the 1000 Islands.starboard.jpg

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is my 66 Sea Dart freshly finished.
DSCN3186.jpg

Cap'n Jim

Cadet

kneezer,
She is pristine!! I have caught more fish out of a rig like yours than any other. That is a perfect size and layout for a great day on the water fishing.

Cap'n Jim

Cadet

blinkie, Nice Islander, whats you plans for reno? How is she powered? Sure like to see more info and pics.

knezzer

Petty Officer 1st Class

kneezer,
She is pristine!! I have caught more fish out of a rig like yours than any other. That is a perfect size and layout for a great day on the water fishing.
Thanks Cap'n ! I'm pretty stoked with the way she turned out. You've got yourself a super nice holiday as well :)

Luomajohn

Recruit

Here is my Starcraft. 1978 Capri 15.5 ft. Johnson 115, trolling motor up front, fish finder (depth), Handmade windshields and bimini top with total coverage.

Attachments

• Boat1.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Welcome Piper, looks like you are having fun there!:D

Sheiky

Cadet

I'm new here so school me if I need forum etiquette.....never done this.

Saw a CL listing a few days ago from Visalia, Ca. listing a 1976 Chieftain Mark V 165 Merc for $3,500. I made the call today and spoke with an older gentleman. After a few questions he stated that the boat is in fact a 1975 Mark IV and says I can have it for $2,450. Claims its only seen fresh water lakes and the delta a few times.

I have never seen a chieftain without windows on the sides of the cuddy. Very strange/unique looking, unlike any chieftain I know of. Tall/high cuddy profile so it's not an Islander for sure. The gentleman states that the boat is 100% original, no modifications at all, same as when he bought it (original owner). Can anyone from the Starmada id this thing? Thanks

The yellow 1985 Islander 191 is what I bought about six weeks ago from a guy near Flagstaff, AZ. Had to make the trip because you just don't find too many Starcraft out here on the left coast. The second photo is the boat I can't seem to id.

Attachments

• STARCRAFT 14.jpg
    STARCRAFT 14.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 9
  • stc 1976 chieftain 22'.jpg
    stc 1976 chieftain 22'.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 9

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I have to think that whole cabin top is fabricated, just a guess though.

dozerII

Admiral

I'm new here so school me if I need forum etiquette.....never done this.

Saw a CL listing a few days ago from Visalia, Ca. listing a 1976 Chieftain Mark V 165 Merc for $3,500. I made the call today and spoke with an older gentleman. After a few questions he stated that the boat is in fact a 1975 Mark IV and says I can have it for $2,450. Claims its only seen fresh water lakes and the delta a few times.

I have never seen a chieftain without windows on the sides of the cuddy. Very strange/unique looking, unlike any chieftain I know of. Tall/high cuddy profile so it's not an Islander for sure. The gentleman states that the boat is 100% original, no modifications at all, same as when he bought it (original owner). Can anyone from the Starmada id this thing? Thanks

The yellow 1985 Islander 191 is what I bought about six weeks ago from a guy near Flagstaff, AZ. Had to make the trip because you just don't find too many Starcraft out here on the left coast. The second photo is the boat I can't seem to id.

I believe the Islander is the V5 model by the look of the chin strip that runs right up to the bow. Nice boats, sorry I can't help you ID the second one.

Sheiky

Cadet

Thanks for taking a look, guys. I called the gentleman with the boat today. He got flustered and cranky when I explained that I and others couldn't id the boat. He sounds elderly with a bit of dementia so I just dropped the subject so as not to stress him out. The interest in the boat was actually for a buddy of mine.....I'm helping him look for a boat since he wants one now after seeing the '85 islander 19' I brought back from Az.

Having the islander checked out this weekend. Sounds good mechanically but there is a small soft spot in the cuddy and just a tiny bit of wicking on the bottom corner STARCRAFT 6.jpgstarcraft5.jpgof the transom on the port side. We shall see......:facepalm:

Oh yeah....that yellow paint job HAS to go.

not racing

Cadet

first of many but a quick pic from the trip home. Volvo wagons make great tow vehicles.
photo_zps64f7a1fe.jpg

smacd11

Seaman

Hey PlayD0h,

I am new to boating. I just swapped my quad for a 1982 SS160 with a 90hp Johnson that looks like a twin to yours. I have had it out a couple of times now and am very happy with it. According to GPS it topped out at 40mph with 3 people aboard. I will try to post some pics. I plan on doing some work to it over the winter and hopefully get out lots next summer. BTW, I noticed you are in Strathmore, I am from Lethbridge.

smacd11

Seaman

So here are a few pics of my new project. It is a 1982 SS160. Other than a few electrical issues on the first couple runs I am very happy with it's performance. Hopefully new carpet and upholstery this winter and possibly some paint. I have found some very useful info on this forum already.
2012-09-26 17.55.55.1.jpg
2012-09-26 17.56.24.1.jpg
2012-09-26 17.56.43.1.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey smac, welcome to iboats! That's a fun lookin rig you scored there:D

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

Here's a before (from about 3 years ago) and after...after this off-seasons work on the trailer and throwing some paint at the boat. Next up....polishing the cuddy aluminum....maybe....:D..
IMG_0200.10.jpg

starcraftafterwork#2.jpg

Heading up for a fishing excursion in a couple weeks....I'll post up some shots on the water after.