Post a pic of your starcraft!

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Been pharting around with the ol' girl this off season...nothing major....just comfort issues and some cosmetics.
Added a small "hot rod" windshield wiper I gleaned off of fleabay.....
Starcraft pics 5-28-12 001.jpgStarcraft pics 5-28-12 003.jpg

Finally replaced the STARCRAFT emblems....
Before
Starcraft pics 5-28-12 007.jpg

After.....(thanks Jas!!!!;)......my attempt at hand painting them:facepalm:)
Starcraft pics 5-28-12 006.jpg
She's slowly going to get that "hunter green" also.

And I got rid of the bar stools that were the seats as they were small and not very comfortable. Found these over the years and finally got around to using them. The pedestals are steel pipes and are welded into bracing in the floor.....didn't want to mess with them but the original spacing from the steering wheel to the old seat was waaaay to close...plus I prefer to stand when cruising so I opted to take some exhaust pipe and off-set the new seat back about a foot.
Starcraft pics 5-28-12 010.jpg

Next up.......making a tandem trailer a single axle....can't maneuver where I need to manuever with the current set up. Got a hitch for the front of the Burb also.

Jake'sdad

Recruit

Here are some pics of my CL find. I found this forum after purchasing the boat and doing some research. I think she is a 1966 Nassau, if anybody can confirm that or has an idea otherwise I would appreciate it. My plan is to get her up and usable before starting any mods. My future plans will be decided once I can see how well the motor runs.
CL_pic.jpg

DSCN0242-1.jpg

motor-1.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey Jake! Welcome to iboats and Team Starcraft!:)

One thing I'd do for sure is add some sort of dash there. At the moment it kinda looks like a decapitation contraption to me:eek:

Cheers:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

A Nassau sounds like a pretty good guess to me. There were certainly a number of models in that time period with only subtle differences. That Chrysler looks super clean. The guys in the Chrysler/Force section here will help you with whatever you need to get it running.

One recommendation, I'm assuming all those cans I see sitting there are old 2 stroke oil. I wouldn't plan on using it. While it's unlikely to have "gone bad," the newer TCW-3 rated 2 stroke oil is specifically formulated for today's gas. I'd hate to see you damage your engine to save a couple bucks on oil.

Jake'sdad

Recruit

Jas,

Thanks for the welcome! The dash and interior panels were with the boat when I bought it. I am going to install the dash and controls to take her out and see how well she runs with the 35 on there before I decide what to do next. If i am happy with the 35, I am going to convert her to a side console and open up the bow to get more room for fishing. The first complete thread I read on this forum was your Jetstar build and I am very impressed with your work. If I do end up replacing the motor, I think I am going with a tiller and leave the deck wide open and keep it as simple as simple as I can.

Ezmobee,

Thanks for your advice on the oil. That old oil was included with the boat so I am not out anything if I don't use it. Better safe than sorry. I was surprised how clean the motor was after I took the cover off and I have run the motor briefly and it seems to run fine, but there was very little water coming out, so I am in going to tear into it and check the impeller. I have already had a question answered by the guys over on the Chrysler motor forum (I am sure that is the first of many). What a great resource this forum is!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I have run the motor briefly and it seems to run fine, but there was very little water coming out, so I am in going to tear into it and check the impeller.

Always a good idea to replace the impeller if it is of unknown age. Older motors like that which do not have a tell-tale, usually just spit water out of the exhaust relief ports and even that's pretty light until the thermostats open. So you may not have an issue but it's always good to check.

e150

Cadet

Paw's old 1967 Seafarer. Powered by a '77 Evinrude 35. Had it sandblasted earlier this year, been slowly working at rebuilding it for a long while, hoping to splash very soon.

1967 Seafarer 01.jpg

Attachments

• 1967 Seafarer 02.jpg
    1967 Seafarer 02.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 4

jgeist

Recruit

Our newest addition, just brought her home today.. Not really sure about the model, but from what I can tell so far it is a 1972 16' Starcraft and I think that it is an SS, but not sure yet...:cool:

a1eb957f.jpg

Thanks for the great site, I still have tons to read and learn from all of your experiences...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It's an SS. Those were the only dual console open bows. Sharp find there!

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

Start cutting! This used to be a 22' Islander. Now it's a way more versatile CC. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=548643
A 25' would be spectacular. I can't wait to see this one finished.
This is my first post and I would just like to thank everyone for all the great information I have learned from this page. This past fall I bought my first Starcraft. A 1975 25' chieftain, soon to become a 25' CC. This will be my first remodel of a boat but with all I have learned from reading these forums and from working with aluminum all day at work. I figured if im going to do this I might as well go big. So here is a few before pics. More pics will follow over the next year or so.

pesky

Recruit

My Dad and I just brought her back on Saturday, 14 hours round trip including time messing with the trailer. She's a 1970 18 Offshore I/O with 120 Mercruiser in avocado green of course :) Cost me $900 without trailer, not bottom feeder, but, way cheaper than stuff in my area. Needs to be gutted, should hopefully start in a few weeks. I'll start a new resto thread once I've figured out storage and started the demo. Really happy to finally join the Starmada! :D

Attachments

• Boat1.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Boat3.jpg
    Boat3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Boat4.jpg
    Boat4.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Boat5.jpg
    Boat5.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 6

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

As promised........trailer is now a single axle. ;)

My buddy Greg and I tackled the project this last weekend.

Starting gate:
boat trailer axle june 2012 001.jpg

Voila'.....they're gone.
boat trailer axle june 2012 014.jpg

Prepped for the weldmeister. New set of leaf springs with 4 leafs instead of the 3's on there before. Those old springs, the other axle and the two (almost brand new) tires and wheels I gave to him for a future small trailer build of his.
boat trailer axle june 2012 019.jpg

Greg in action.
boat trailer axle june 2012 020.jpg

Final result. (got the fenders at the same place as the leaf springs....total cost for everything: $130)
boat trailer axle june 2012 025.jpg

Tongue weight is now correct (dangerously light before) and she backs sooooo much easier....a lot nicer to get her into the tight spot she rests in. Also removed mucho rusto and painted everything. It will be given a nice shot of gloss black soon. Got the receiver hitch mounted on the front of the burb too. I went with a "Curt" and mounting it couldn't have been easier.
All in all a productive weekend I think.

inchworm

Recruit

Someone send me information how to down load pictures on this site.l have a lot that on my phone that I have questions about thx.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

DW - 2 less tires/bearing to $$ for;)

Inch - photobucket, upload them there and paste the IMG code here.

barato2

Commander

Deadwood...i like the mods. thanks for the info on handling, single axle vs tandem, too

ioema

Cadet

Our first boat bought May 31 2012, one owner, 1974 American 16. We haven't been in the water yet but thanks to this forum I already know enough to know I don't know enough!
74american.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Boy, that's a clean and sharp looking American ^^^^:)