Post a pic of your starcraft!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
You need to have three posts, which you do now. Try again, it should work. :)

Natebrown

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks any help,on,what model boat this is would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• SPhotoEditor-20170503_005502.jpg
    SPhotoEditor-20170503_005502.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 14
  • SPhotoEditor-20170503_005609.jpg
    SPhotoEditor-20170503_005609.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 14

dusted_ya

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

Here's my 1970 Holiday loaded up and headed out for her first time on the water in over 20 years. Two year restoration FINALLY complete! The only thing I have to do yet is have the top built for it. I bought it from the second owner who owned it since 72'. He had it stored in his implement shed for all those years, taking it out once a year for the family outing when his kids were growing up. Then they moved away and there it sat for the next 20 years. Took us 2 hours to clear out a path to get it out! $500 and it was mine. It was stripped down to the bare aluminum and rebuilt stronger than factory. Updates include: extra gussets and larger rivets under new flooring for added strength, Glov-it coating on all seams, rivets and both sides of new flooring, pour in structural foam under flooring and behind side panels, new mahogany dash and tail panels, new vinyl flooring, new dog house vinyl with aluminum trim (fabbed), New side panel vinyl, New upholstery on original seats, new seat boxes, new bow and stern walkway with aluminum trim (fabbed), 120 Mercruiser (very low original hours) freshened up with new valves, springs and hard seats for unleaded fuel, new fuel tank (moved to the bow, fuel lines, new bellows, gimble bearing and water pump, New wiring with modern fuse panel, new Lowrance fish finder with GPS, New 8 hp Yamaha kicker with custom fabbed mounting bracket. Hull was stripped, glov-it'd, primered and painted original factory color. Probably more stuff I'm not thinking of... Basically it's a new boat. I really like the pour in foam. it was a PITA to do but the boat rides like a fiberglass boat now!

Thank you Starcraft Forum members for all the tips I received!

Attachments

• photo264980.jpg
    photo264980.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 21
  • photo264989.jpg
    photo264989.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 76

Tnstratofam

Commander
She looks better than new, and it sounds like you rebuilt her to be better than new. Congratulations on your rebuild..

dusted_ya

Seaman Apprentice
Supersport has the walk through windshield that is about 3 ft farther back from the bow for additional seating/lounging.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Supersport has the walk through windshield that is about 3 ft farther back from the bow for additional seating/lounging.

are you sure? I have the 22 ft Holiday and it seems to have a golf course up in front of the windshield..... id bet its 6 ft maybe, from the windshield to the bow. maybe they are different over the years and wether its 21 ft a 22 ft or an 18 ft hull!

dusted_ya

Seaman Apprentice
I own both an 18 ft Holiday and an 18 ft Super Sport. You are probably right that it could have varied from year to year and I'd imagine a 22 ft Holiday would have more distance fore of the windshield than an 18 ft'er.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Your old Holly look great, better than new, nice work :thumb:

Sure would've been sweet to have seen the hard work in a thread here.

fetch

BrettIA

Recruit
Need help posting on this site . Got our first StarCraft last summer worked on the mechanical when we got it then just used it all summer to see if it was worth painting . Well just finished the paint scheme and would like to share pics of the whole project . Thanks . Oh it's a 1966 18 ' 110 I/o

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Need help posting on this site . Got our first StarCraft last summer worked on the mechanical when we got it then just used it all summer to see if it was worth painting . Well just finished the paint scheme and would like to share pics of the whole project . Thanks . Oh it's a 1966 18 ' 110 I/o

Welcome aboard Brett :wave:

Yeah photo posting here could be a whole lot easier but it's not, so you have to have 3 posts before you can post a pic unless you have photobucket or another web bases photo hosting site then you just have to post the pic img code or link in the text box.

justin146

Cadet
I still have to get her out of the barn for the year and cleaned up. I added the swim platform last summer. A few beers and a faded doghouse made the diamondplate happen. I plan to redo the whole thing when I do the carpet.

dusted_ya

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

Watermann, I tried to post the resto but for some reason it would not let me download photos even after I had the images reduced. Not sure what's up with that. The forum let's me post pics here though. Here's a couple from the floor replacement

Attachments

• photo266135.jpg
    photo266135.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 17
  • photo266137.jpg
    photo266137.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 17