Post a pic of your starcraft!

Michidan

Cadet
It took me awhile to view 85 pages. Beautiful boats, but what this thread needs is more fiberglass!
I'm about done on my resto of this 1974 Capri. A new transom was the big project. There were a lot of smaller ones too, carpet, wiring, impeller. The 65 HP Johnson is original to the boat. The upholstery is all original too but a lot of it had to be re-fitted and stapled. Now its looking good and running good. Still working on the trailer but that can wait until winter. Right before these pictures we had it out for the afternoon on brandywine lake, so named for its ice tea like water. Never again! You can see it stained the bottom of my nice white hull.

B1gGr33n

Cadet
No Title

My brand new-ish 1978 (or '77) Starcraft SeaFarer 16' with '86 Evinrude 30hp (camo'd as a 25hp). Just picked her up 2 weeks ago. It had been in storage for 5 years, I was up until 2am getting it ready to go fishing the next morning lol. I'm still tweaking the idle on the motor, and I need to rebuild the trolling motor. It's amazing what happens to an electric motor after sitting for 5 years.

If anybody here knows what the weight capacity is for this craft, I'd love to know! I can't find the tag anywhere, thinking whoever painted it camo took it off.

Attachments

• photo224714.jpg
    photo224714.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo224715.jpg
    photo224715.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
It took me awhile to view 85 pages. Beautiful boats, but what this thread needs is more fiberglass!
I'm about done on my resto of this 1974 Capri. A new transom was the big project. There were a lot of smaller ones too, carpet, wiring, impeller. The 65 HP Johnson is original to the boat. The upholstery is all original too but a lot of it had to be re-fitted and stapled. Now its looking good and running good. Still working on the trailer but that can wait until winter. Right before these pictures we had it out for the afternoon on brandywine lake, so named for its ice tea like water. Never again! You can see it stained the bottom of my nice white hull.

Yeah Michidan lotsa tin is the way we like uh huh uh huh. A hearty welcome to the Starmada my itchy cousin :lol:

Watermann

Nice work! Looks like your trailer will be up for some love next.

20150708_195329_zpszl4saiok.jpg

Golfer50

Seaman Apprentice
Here are some pics of my 73 Nova 15'. Bought from original owners. I have all of the original manuals and brochures in excellent condition also. Going to put new carpet, transom, and paint the exterior this fall or next spring. To busy to do it now as we have been using it.

Jed59

Cadet
That's a clean boat.... I like it... Neat little boat. That red and black pops. My aunt in P.A. had one similar to it back in 1965. She came down for a visit and saw our S/Chieftan and she went out and purchased what I think they call a Holiday. Closed bow like yours, but 18' with a 10 h.p. outboard. The lake she had it on wouldn't allow anything larger than a 10 h.p. It was funny seeing this fair sized boat with a tiny motor on it. Here's a pic of our first boat in 1964. I would love to find one like this older version. Has a larger cabin...
1965 Boat Dollie.jpg

Golfer50

Seaman Apprentice
Thank you Jed. My wife and I have already talked about getting a larger boat, but for what we paid this one works just fine. Do you have a boat now?

Watermann

That's a clean boat.... I like it... Neat little boat. That red and black pops. My aunt in P.A. had one similar to it back in 1965. She came down for a visit and saw our S/Chieftan and she went out and purchased what I think they call a Holiday. Closed bow like yours, but 18' with a 10 h.p. outboard. The lake she had it on wouldn't allow anything larger than a 10 h.p. It was funny seeing this fair sized boat with a tiny motor on it. Here's a pic of our first boat in 1964. I would love to find one like this older version. Has a larger cabin...
fetch

Wow, hard to remember a time when kids would just all hang out together rather than messaging each other on a handheld device... :blue:

Last edited:

Jed59

Cadet
I currently own three boats. 79 Alison GT-20, 92 Ranger Bass Boat, and the 74 Chieftan. One for bass fishing, one for bay fishing and cruising and one for going fast... It's a sickness, and I have a very understanding wife...

Jed59

Cadet
I know. The good thing is, I don't have but $ 11,000 tied up in all of them. My wife really likes the Chieftan and actually likes running it. She's not much for going out in the Allison. Too Fast for Her, so I've got to restore the Chieftan before I get started on the Allison. When Mama's happy, everyones happy.....

budski

Lieutenant Commander
No Title

1995 Starcraft Superfisherman 170, 2000 Merc Optimax 135

Attachments

• photo225542.jpg
    photo225542.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 7
  • photo225544.jpg
    photo225544.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 7
  • photo225548.jpg