Post a pic of your starcraft!

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Post a pic of your starcraft!

Grandad:

I've made two trips on Powell so far and it is amazing. Both were multi-day campouts and because we were there in the off-season, we had the lake to ourselves.
Thanks so much for sharing the great pictures. It seems I left it too late in life to make the trip, so I'm living vicariously through your pictures. - Grandad

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Grandad:

I've made two trips on Powell so far and it is amazing. Both were multi-day campouts and because we were there in the off-season, we had the lake to ourselves.

Thanks for sharing! Spectacular views...and love seeing a mid-70's starcraft loaded-up making it all happen! Great stuff! :thumb:

airshot

Rear Admiral

My 1983 StarCraft Islander, 140hp, 3.0 my favorite of all the boats I have owned in the last 60 years. I added a pic of the custom rod holders I created because I could not decide just where they needed to be mounted. Now I can cover 10 feet from front to back.IMG_20130623_080831_684 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 100_1024.jpg
    100_1024.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Jcorliss

Cadet
No Title

Here is the new to me 1978 Starcraft Tristar, 17' O/B model. Boat has not seen water since 2009, and I'm hoping to have it in the lake this year. Possibly next, since the boating season in Central New York is so short.

Odd, Photos did not upload on my original post...

Attachments

• photo200812.jpeg
    photo200812.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

thegarman

Recruit
I'm not only new to this forum, I'm new to boating! Well, I've done a little boating, but have never owned a boat! My wife and I went "looking" at boats today thinking it would be fun to have one to use on our nearby chain-of-lakes. We found 4 Starcraft in the Orlando area ranging from $2500 - $7500. One was a 1967 that was being sold by the original owner and it was in excellent, unrestored condition...but $7500. We drove to Daytona and saw a 1964 Starcraft that was 16' and fiberglass (I haven't figured out the exact model yet.) It was beautifully restored with new Corvette red paint, newly reupholstered seats, new carpet, battery, gas tank, fuel lines, throttle & cable lines, wiring, lights, cover, etc. It had a 1967 Johnson 60HP "Super SeaHorse" motor all (great compression, new fuel lines, fuel pump, rebuilt carbs) and all of this sitting on a like-new 2009 Karavan trailer. The guy selling it worked at a local boat sales & repair shop and did all the work himself over the past two years. After explaining all the work he had done and seeing the quality of his workmanship, we both immediately fell in love with it. It was listed for $3300 and when asked what his best cash price, he answered, "$2800." SOLD!! Now I have to find a truck or SUV that I can use to haul it around (and I've been looking all night long on the internet!) We EXTREMELY pleased and can't wait to take possession & get it on the water! It even looked much nicer in person that I thought it would!

Here are a few pics we took at the sales lot after a rain storm:

Now I need to identify the model of Starcraft's 1964 16' fiberglass boat...I think it's a Bahama!

Last edited:

BigDukeSix

Cadet

Just picked up this 1963 21' StarCraft Hard top. Hoping someone can tell me the model. Picture is of when it was brought home. Have since repainted the cabin, installed a Johnson 85 outboard, and am beginning electronics and lighting. Any information is appreciated as to what model this is and how common they are. Thanks

BigDukeSix

Cadet

Just picked up this 1963 21' StarCraft Hard top. Hoping someone can tell me the model. Picture is of when it was brought home. Have since repainted the cabin, installed a Johnson 85 outboard, and am beginning electronics and lighting. Any information is appreciated as to what model this is and how common they are. Thanks

rnk3

Recruit
Just got my 77 16ft SS last month. It looked to be in fair shape until I got it home and really dug into it. Used it once and decided to gut it and begin a restore. She's got good bones and the motor is strong. Hopefully I can have her back in the water before the summer's over.

slimswayze

Cadet
This is my Starcraft 16Ft , Could anyone tell me the year and model? I think its a Jupiter but iam not positive
Thanks this forum is pretty awesome!

slimswayze

Cadet
This is my Starcraft 16ft. Could anyone tell me what year or model it is? i think its a jupiter but iam not positive

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Hey Slim thanks for wanting to share with us but the pix didn't come though. There are still a few problems with the photo upload feature after a recent upgrade.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sorry Slim, no pix. USE photobucket & copy/paste the IMG code for the pix. It's a free 3rd party site, and IMO is the easiest to use & post pix from. There are other 3rd party sites.

slimswayze

Cadet
The boat is a starcraft sprint V , would you be able to tell me what year it is based in the serial # 915660 that was located on the compliance beside driver on inside?
also it has a 50 mercury with serial # 7061035

jbcurt00

Staff member
Is there a HIN on the transom?
images

It might have a date code in it, I think the Sprint-V is post 1974, so it SHOULD have a HIN and follow this format:
aft84.gif

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The boat is a starcraft sprint V , would you be able to tell me what year it is based in the serial # 915660 that was located on the compliance beside driver on inside?
also it has a 50 mercury with serial # 7061035

No but you should still post a pic of your Starcraft like the thread title suggests. ;)