Pontoon listing and engine dead

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not a good start to the end of year or start of new...sigh..
Our pontoon somehow while in the slip developed a leak in the starboard toon (facing the boat) and is leaning pretty good. The engine is dead. Mech said rectifier. Can't change it over the water. So I need to have it towed to a ramp to get it on the trailer. I haven't called Boat.US yet cuz I don't want to say anything that will keep them from towing it. I have Gold unlimited but couldn't find anything on the site about this situation. Can a lisping 24ft pontoon be towed in like this. ? Thanks.

ahicks

Captain
I think the word you're after is "listing" but you're close enough where it's not hard to figure out what you are saying.

To answer your question, a lot will depend on how bad that listing is. If not too bad (say, half or better of the low toon is still above the waterline), and the weather is good, I'd go for it, and the sooner the better!

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
I "listed" it alright lol. Thanks yea I guess just call and see what happens. If they at least get it to any ramp to get it out that be fine... Thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sent the thread title to speech therapy and fixed it. :smile:

I think you will find that BoatUS does more than bring gas and tow boats with dead motors, they tow damaged boats too.

But is it listing or are the dock lines supporting the sinking side stopping the toon from going topsy-turvy? If it's going to flip, they can probably put some flotation on the low side.

How far to the ramp?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I would say that there are inspection ports.-----Have a look and pump out the flooded compartment.---And a " starboard " pontoon is always starboard no matter where you are standing.