Pontoon fabricators

Ho daddy

Cadet
I'm from the Edmonton AB area and need to find the closest pontoon fabricator to me.
Thankyou
Ho daddy

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Pontoon fabricators

You can actually do a google search. There are a few websites that sell premade pontoons. I looked at this avenue before when I considered building a pontoon boat to my own specs but ultimately decided no on the idea.

Chris

Jeep Man

Commander

It's not close, but the only one I know is U-Fab in Smiths Falls, Ontario. Most manufacturers are in Indiana.

Ho daddy

Cadet

You can actually do a google search. There are a few websites that sell premade pontoons. I looked at this avenue before when I considered building a pontoon boat to my own specs but ultimately decided no on the idea.

Chris

yes I'm aware of the eastern manufacturers and fab shops but am trying to avoid the deadly shipping fees....70% of the tube!!
Thx Ray

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

In that case any welding shop that can do aluminum should be able to weld you up something just get the measurements and demensions (thickness of wall, Diameter, length, height) just tell the shop what you want and ask them what measurements or data they need to construct one. Shouldn't be a problem as long as they can weld aluminum. There is a gentleman here that made his own. Search the completed project thread for I/O pontoon conversion.

Chris

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

Toons are very difficult to weld, and they're too important to do half *****ed. The aluminum must be rolled into a tube on circular toons. The U shaped foam filled pontoons are easier to build, but seldom seen any longer.

I know it's a long way to Edmonton from anywhere, but for simplicity sake, check with UFab in Ontario. From time to time, they may have a truck going west.

You can find some toons online, however many have small dents or scratches--seconds. But some are good buys.
Great Lakes Skipper in Racine, WI (south of Milwaukee) often have toons for sale.
T&M Marine, the largest pontoon/tritoon dealer in North America, carries toons, and they're located due north of Minneapolis.
The rest of the toon brokers are in northern Indiana--around Elkhart. You can sometimes spot them online.

Your other option would be to buy another pontoon for their toons and swap them over.

Ho daddy

Cadet

Ditto on the complexity of the fabrication,I will keep searching!

THX Ho daddy

Chris_94_Sprint_TX

Petty Officer 1st Class

I still say contact a local shop, they may know of someone in your area and if not you're only out a phone call.

Chris